• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob, something I've been wondering about. That chrome effect you have in the photos above, is that the lighting or processing? I remember you mentioned Chris Nevard's photo processing techniques before, is that what causes the effect?

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Hi Rob, something I've been wondering about. That chrome effect you have in the photos above, is that the lighting or processing? I remember you mentioned Chris Nevard's photo processing techniques before, is that what causes the effect?

Hi Mikkel. 

I have to say I'm not entirely sure. I think it's a combination of both. 

All the photos on here ( taken by myself) are taken on my phone under the layout lighting which is a mixture of both warm and cool white LED strip lighting. 

The photos are then edited, to varying degrees using the Snapseed photo editing app. 

By applying various filters, degrees of colour saturation and sharpening the images you can vary the results. 

Play, basically..........

Rob 

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rob. In Corel Paintshop there's a 'clarity' feature which gives a similar effect. I've also seen it used on real-life railway photography over on Flickr, where it is sometimes overdone in my opinion.

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, teaky said:

Did you miss this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50115974

One for next year, perhaps?

Bit busy today Teakers. Rugby match watched in the morning with a visit to the  Cardiff Model Railway show in the afternoon. 

I shall pencil it in for next time. 

Rob. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ramming things in never did anyone any good, Dudders. 

That's how things get bent.........

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, rilksy said:

Simply stunning and inspiring, what more can you say.

That's very kind of you, Rilkers. 

Thank you.

Rob. 

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

That's what the last girl said, eagerly!

Where's the 'quietly alarmed 'button.............?!?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

It appears I  have long day ahead.  Off to work in a bit and then back home this afternoon to load up and head down the motorway this evening. 

Mutton is just about ready to go to Taunton. Sadly, I've not been been able to do everything I wanted to do with the layout ahead of the show but I think it's quite presentable. 

The weekend  does rather look like being a bit an adventure.........which has already started.

In order to transport Mutton, field modifications have been required to Sheep One, my Vauxhall Corsa. Mutton's usual transport is somewhat bigger but not available for the weekend. Therefore seats have been stripped out to accomodate said layout for the trip West.  

I'm obviously, looking forward to seeing/meeting as many Muttoneers as possible over the next couple of days.  Do feel free to stop, chat, extract the urine and put the world to rights. 

Le monde est ton homard. 

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Shame you can't borrow one of the company vehicles. 

Have a great weekend. 

My brother in law from my first marriage was somewhat cool towards the arrival into his family of a white police officer, as were quite a few of my wifes friends. He did perk up at the thought that I might be able to provide transport for his disco equipment in the station van :music_mini2:

Have a good show Rob

Edited by colin penfold
Manners
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Shame you can't borrow one of the company vehicles. 

Have a great weekend. 

In the past I've sometimes spent a contemplative moment or two working out what size of layout you could get in the back of an ambulance vehicle, if you got rid of all the unnecessary bits like the patient, stretcher, cupboards and medical equipment...

Warm, dry and able to do 90 mph on the motorway, what's not to like?

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
spillong
  • Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Have a good show at Taunton, Rob.  Nice seeing you last weekend at the Cardiff show.  It's a miserable day for motorways; take it easy!

Spot on Jonners.

M4/M5 was an utter tw@t. 

A journey that is normally just over an hour took just over three. Ended up going though Bristol and onto the A370 before rejoining the M5. 

However, a late arrival just before 9pm saw many helping hands arrive and Mutton was up by 9.15. 

Now in pub drinking beer. 

Mange tout. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 15