• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Pub. Drinking beer.  That's so crazy it might just work...

Strangely, I did exactly that yesterday after work.

Beer Farm cask-conditioned IPA and Pale Ale to wash down a ploughman's lunch (well, it woudl have been lunchtime had I been in Great Britain) at the Duke of Clarence.

https://beerfarm.com.au/

https://thedukeofclarence.com/

Page 4 of the menu was interesting - I haven't seen all six versions of Pimm's on sale for over 40 years. Too pricey for me though.

It was also an excuse to toast the day my brother qualified for his all-Scotland bus pass.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mullie said:

Any driving in the south west can be tedious, the roads are terrible and there is little alternative to the car. My last local passenger train ran in 1952!

Indeed Martyn. As Sherry lives in Torquay, and drives a few times a year via Portsmouth to see me here, I know about the roads! I, OTOH, just go via Paris and Eurostar, trusting GWR to whisk me down from Padlington.............

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to catch you briefly this afternoon Rob; with Nick & Brian there too it was a mini RMweb convention! Really do feel for you having to take the chairs out of 'Sheep 2' to get the layout there and afraid you may have set a precedent for the future. No bigger layouts! :huh: Hope you've had a good weekend anyway.  :)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Good to see you again, at Rail - Ex Taunton.

You were in some exceptionally good company, and held your own very well.

Indeed my Mrs commented on overhearing a conversation between a punter, and to

owner/operator of a very Welsh narrow guage layout. Said punter asserted that the

NG layout had been modelled extremely well and accurately. Only to be toldby the

operator that the modelling was nowhere near the standard of yours.

Hopefully you can enjoy a better journey home, encouraged by your reception.

See you at Yate (Weather permitting!)

TONY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Good to catch you briefly this afternoon Rob; with Nick & Brian there too it was a mini RMweb convention! Really do feel for you having to take the chairs out of 'Sheep 2' to get the layout there and afraid you may have set a precedent for the future. No bigger layouts! :huh: Hope you've had a good weekend anyway.  :)

Nice to see you to Rich! 

Rob, I hope you and Mutton had a safe return journey home. Looking forward to the next installment of Countryfile in layout form soon!

Graham, always a pleasure!

Kind regards,

Nick.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Thank you gentleman, and Grahame,  for your kind words. 

Yes, it did make up for the rugby though our little corner (Mutton and Bicsdale) was a tad subdued for a bit. 

Thoughts should now turn to Bleat Wharf ahead of it's appearance at the Edington show. However,  I will attend to a few jobs on Mutton. I thoroughly enjoyed operating the layout over the weekend and there is a possible invite on the horizon which could see Mutton exhibited quite close to Eweminster next year.........We shall of course see what happens but it would be nice. 

Rob 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Very well done, just as long as you don't expect any special treatment at SWAG due to your elevated status...

Thanks Stubbers. A suitable place in the Officers mess will do fine. 

2 hours ago, sb67 said:

Nice one Rob, as everyone else as said a well deserved award, you must be pleased :)

Steve.

I am indeed, Steve. Totally unexpected given the very high standard of the other layouts on display. 

Hemyock was just lovely and End of the Line was very special to name but two. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1