General Gordon

Not forgetting his two offsprings .....

Oxy-Gin & Nitro-Gin !

Long live the Empire !

Edited by bgman
  • Like 2
  • Funny 4

3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Is that actually an outside lav for use by the little Ruston?

If it is, he could have waited for the door to be fitted. Could catch a chill around the coupling hook!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

13 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Dapol also do it in O, but the colour....my eyes......

Not sure yet if it well be weathered into oblivion or repainted first.

Just keep inspiring me please, Mr Sheepbloke!

20190831_174609.jpg.50339675d42637e10e2d7dd3a4013c5e.jpg

Not quite as bad as the N Gauge version.

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/2s-007-019-n-gauge-pannier-7754-ncb-original-cab-2183

Jason

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Yep. But I think it might be a tad big for my first step into industry.....

( apologies for the poor quality of the photos )

Not too many buildings but this will be there. Worth waiting for......

Rob 

20191226_171359-01.jpeg

20191226_171324-02.jpeg

Very interesting Rob, look forward to seeing more:)

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, sb67 said:

Very interesting Rob, look forward to seeing more:)

Thanks Steve. 

Not sure when I'll make a start. Bleat is at Edington next weekend then Mutton is at Yate a month later. So it will have to wait a bit but plenty of time after that before the end of April. 

I was waiting to see the shed in the flesh....er...slate before deciding on it. It really is a charming little model and the accompanying water tank and coal store really add to it. I will look for a couple of the other buildings in the set a bit later. All will then be tweaked as I feel there needs to be a bit more of a variation in tone to the roof/walls and woidwork. All the buildings will also be weathered accordingly. The entrance is a really, really snug fit for the Peckett which could do with lower boiler fittings. I either raise the shed to clear or lower the chimney/dome. However the dome is the tricky chap, being the same height as the chimney and too nice to tinker with as it stands. 

Therefore the shed will need to be raised, which is doable. I have a plan.......... On a positive, there are no such issues with the Ruston. 

The Hattons Andrew Barclay is too wide and the big B2 Peckett is out of gauge all round. 

That said, I'm really looking forward to creating a bit of an industrial landscape at the end of it's days. 

Same principles as always, less is more methinks. And grass, lots and lots of grass........and no trees.......or sheep...

10 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

It is, in the flesh!  Hideous - but it was cheap. Lovely runner too.

Agreed, Neil. Dapol dropped the ball on this. The Bachmann colour is much better but the number plates need to go. I understand they were wooden replicas fitted for a rail tour, late in the NCB career of the loco. Most photos of 7754 show it without, so off they jolly well go. It's a nice model though. I may even look to source a DJM Mountain Ash Austerity now for no other reason but to accompany 7754. 

All good. 

Rob. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

I know this is a modern building but a little extra height could be gained with a brick plinth

DSC00894.jpg.e574c02cd46ebdb2a15757ef39f749ea.jpg   

It's amazing the trouble that modern builders will go to these days, to accommodate the needs of the vertically not-challenged.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

But Rob - what about Sir Gomer?

We want Sir Gomer!

Sir Gomer is very nice......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, colin penfold said:

I know this is a modern building but a little extra height could be gained with a brick plinth, if you can satisfy yourself that it is plausible..

DSC00894.jpg.e574c02cd46ebdb2a15757ef39f749ea.jpg   

Nice thought but no brick plinth, Colin.

I shall give it more thought but I think I can do without a brick plinth.

I do have a plan........

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Alister_G said:

A cunning one, I hope.

Al

Of course............

Anyhow, back to the matter in hand. An early excursion to the local model railway emporium saw me come away with the next weathering project for Bleat Wharf. 

Hornby's new LM&S 20T brake van be be added to Bleat's roster ahead of the Edington show. 

Also purchased was the new L&SWR brake van which will be added to Mutton's roster. 

Here is a before shot of the LM&S van.......... 

Rob. 

20191228_105716-01.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I have no idea of the answer to that question, Rich, but it would be interesting to hear from anyone that does.  There seems to have been a view that the new BR standard designs, locos, coaches, and wagons, were predominantly based on LMS practice, but the extent to which that holds up in practice is moot IMHO.  All the Big 4 designs continued to be ordered and built after nationalisation for several years, and the reason may be no more than that materials were available to build LNER vans at the time!