• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Yep, not good. 

Properly befuddled and generally unwell. Hot cold, sore throat etc. Rubbish. 

Not what was wanted ahead of the Nailsea show. 

Seriously, recommend cancelling attendance at the show. It's absolute rubbish trying to run layout all day and on your feet with a leurgy. Health comes first! 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I recommend hot rum and blackcurrant.  Use cheapo rum as you'll be mixing it, not Mount Gay.  It won't make you feel any better, but after a few you won't care any more...  

I use the blackcurrant flavoured lemsip with the rum, again the cheap stuff,  I wouldn't waste the good stuff. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I did an extreme mix of combining night nurse and glenfiddich. Not in the same glass, obviously but on the same evening. I had a feverish but deep sleep and woke up in a pool of my own sweat 12 hours later with the cold gone. Never did it again and not sure I'd recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Sympathies Rob, if it's the same as I had few weeks ago; it was Saturday in bed, Sunday wiped out and off work Monday (and I hadn't had a sick day in 4 years). Hope you get over it quickly but take things easy.

Really admire those last black&white shots btw :)

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Superb and oozing atmosphere already!

You'll also be getting the local geologists going, with all that lovely strata from the Ikeatous Period on display.

If I remember my stratigraphy correctly, the Ikeatous followed the Habitatian, didn't it?  The Habitatian was when the plunger operated revolving ashtrays on stands roamed the earth, and marked the appearance of the stainless steel pedal bin species...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, The Johnster said:

If I remember my stratigraphy correctly, the Ikeatous followed the Habitatian, didn't it?  The Habitatian was when the plunger operated revolving ashtrays on stands roamed the earth, and marked the appearance of the stainless steel pedal bin species...

Hellfire,  Jonners! !

Have you been drinking the enamel thinners again?

Rob. 

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

I don't want to visit Bleat Wharf on a winters day now, only on a nice warm summery one, and Norman can buy me an ice cream from Mr Whippy.

I heard about him ! Be very careful !!! :scare:

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

3 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Is he more dangerous than Mr Softee?

I really wouldn't know, however I tend to steer away from another supplier as I have heard that "Walls have Ears" and that would definitely give me a bad stomach !

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, bgman said:

I really wouldn't know, however I tend to steer away from another supplier as I have heard that "Walls have Ears" and that would definitely give me a bad stomach !

How can you possibly reconcile a manufacturer that makes both ice creams and sausages?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, colin penfold said:

Obviously sauages made of ice cream wouldn't work, they would melt in the pan and then make your butty soggy.

Goodness me, but that never occurred to me. What a fountain of knowledge you are, Colin and what a rich and varied life you must have lived as a chef! What tales of the kitchen you could probably tell! Thank you for sharing these essential insights into the conceptual aspects of aesthetic cookery.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Off to Nailsea shortly. Departure delayed due to being slightly woolly headed this morning. 

Feeling a bit better. 

A swift erection will be the order of the day

Hopefully once there I can get it out and up quickly, before people want to have a look. 

Nothing worse than trying to get it up in front of an audience. 

Look forward to seeing........well...anybody really. 

Defense de fume.  

Rob 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12