• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Why do these conversations, which start out very promisingly with pictures of cute little industrial locos, usually go all Horrocksford?

I agree. It's gone a bit Compton Pauncefoot.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

And in an unrelated matter, I must warn all cheese lovers to look away now.

I bought some Somerset Brie (or some such squishy and creamy cheese, with a rind top and bottom) from the Ticklemore Cheese shop in Totnes a couple of days ago. It was reduced, because it had become unexpectly squishy.

As such, it was virtually impossible to remove from the cling film that it had been wrapped in, without excessive mess.

That which I was able to scrape clear was dumped into a pan of baked beans, summarily and without recourse to any kind of judicial redress.

Consequently, I proclaim that all cheese should forthwith be produced as a hard substance and capable of being cut into fine slices with a sharp knife.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Funnily enough. Number 1 son benefitted earlier today from an undisclosed amount of Red Leicester grated into a tin of baked beans subsequently served up on toast. A twist of pepper and a sprinkle of Oregano and the job was a good one. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves.
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

As another aside, I am currently reading your thread.

Sorry, that wasn't quite correct. What I was actually doing was writing the above on your thread.

I most sincerely and unreservedly apologise for the error, which was caused by a points failure at Nempnett Thrubwell.

Edited by Captain Kernow
A green anorak.
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Why do these conversations, which start out very promisingly with pictures of cute little industrial locos, usually go all Horrocksford?

As the man who introduced Horrocksford to an unsuspecting, innocent nation, you do well to ask. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, durham light infantry said:

Did his sheepyness say diesel?

EFFECTS.jpg

That's a lovely view of an attractive diseasel, Mike.  

Nice to see Sheep Lane popping up and in sterling shape. 

Just out of interest, how have your exhibitions gone with it so far? 

Rob 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not good.  Went to bed very early as properly pooped.........now wide awake and looking forward to going to work for 7..............

In the meantime, I 've been playing with this view of Westminster. Whilst tinkering with the image, I noticed that I have somehow managed to bend the handrail.....Sausage hooves strike again. 

Rob. 

20191102_200310-01-01-01-01-01-02.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Not good.  Went to bed very early as properly pooped.........now wide awake and looking forward to going to work for 7..............

In the meantime, I 've been playing with this view of Westminster. Whilst tinkering with the image, I noticed that I have somehow managed to bend the handrail.....Sausage hooves strike again. 

Rob. 

20191102_200310-01-01-01-01-01-02.jpeg

A bent handrail on an industrial will add a little character to the loco, I have seen a number of published photo's with the handrails and other items bent and distorted.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

As such, it was virtually impossible to remove from the cling film that it had been wrapped in, without excessive mess.

Cheese, especially soft cheese, should never be wrapped in cling film. Greaseproof paper is the proper way.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

A bent handrail on an industrial will add a little character to the loco, I have seen a number of published photo's with the handrails and other items bent and distorted.

It's strange but on a model, bent or misplaced items seem wrong even when based on reality. Same thing with telegraph poles, plenty of 'off vertical' examples around but would get negative comments on a model :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

I think it's something to do with the bend being a 12" to the foot bend in a 4mm scale item. Imagine how bends would happen, there wouldn't be a 12" to the foot sausage finger involved (something like a 4' wide pole landing on the handrail from a great height)  so the nature of the bend would be very different.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if our host is aware that, elsewhere on RMweb, a layout design is being refined, and tentatively named Lambstead. 

I believe the ovine influence on this and associated threads by NHY581 to be substantial, and that Lambstead might be seen in commercial legalese as "passing off" (not a misprint) and thus subject to redress. Just a thought. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1