• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

And that reminds me, must order some plates from Narrow Planet...

But it would seem, not until 2021.........

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I've just caught up with your thread Rob. Thanks for the "how to" Westminster is looking great. I like the use of sand weathering powder to fade the paint, that works a treat, nice to see how it's done :)

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 23/10/2020 at 12:33, NHY 581 said:

For the record, I find that I am not in such a position to confirm, or deny that any such conduct, unbecoming or otherwise, did or did not in fact take place.

Furthermore, ordinarily and without hesitation, I  would of course draw attention  to records held but it is with some regret that at this moment in time, it would appear that we are unable to locate said records which would of course shed light on such matters to the undeniable benefit of all parties concerned.  

Subsequently, without prejudice and whole heartedly in the spirit of furthering the further furtherance, so as to ensure the avoidance of any doubt, I feel that there is but little by way of an  alternative other than to make direct reference to the utterances alluded to above. I would therefore, respectfully draw attention to what many consider to be a well known fact, by agreement I'm sure, in that it is widely and well documented in popular culture that , put simply and without any form of embellishment, sheep bleat, not heckle.

Therefore it would appear to be only right and proper to conclude that this whole unfortunate, regretable anď some might say, tawdry episode would appear to come down to that of  a simple case of mistaken identity. 

I had an intense mental image of you taking one heck of an intake of breath at the end of that...

John 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The big Peckett is looking really great, Rob.

How do you find the running qualities?

I have one and it doesn't like 'Bethesda Sidings' as much as the little ones do.

Closer examination of the wheels reveal the baffling fact that the larger Pecketts have slightly deeper flanges than the W4s. Why would Hornby pull a stunt like that?

As such, I'm probably going to have to convert my 'Westminster' to P4, which will have to entail a completely new chassis.

Edited by Captain Kernow
A green tea.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

The big Peckett is looking really great, Rob.

How do you find the running qualities?

I have one and it doesn't like 'Bethesda Sidings' as much as the little ones do.

Closer examination of the wheels reveal the baffling fact that the larger Pecketts have slightly deeper flanges than the W4s. Why would Hornby pull a stunt like that?

As such, I'm probably going to have to convert my 'Westminster' to P4, which will have to entail a completely new chassis.

Thanks Tim.

Mine runs quite well but I had heard about the deeper flanges. Not sure of the rationale behind this or in fact if subsequent releases will see an amendment.  That said, the little chap seems to cope with my run of the mill code 75 PECO, including the wobbly wobbly bits. 

Rob 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely work, Rob. I'm also noticing how the vegetation acts as view blocks in these shots. I've always associated view blocks with stuctures - but clearly a bit of grass and low bushes can be enough, when seen at low level and done well like here.

Incidentally, Mr Mutton, Sir, I'll be sending over a bill for rent. Your thread title is taking up one third of my phone screen in VNC . When two people push "like", it takes up my entire phone screen :)

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mikkel said:

Lovely work, Rob. I'm also noticing how the vegetation acts as view blocks in these shots. I've always associated view blocks with stuctures - but clearly a bit of grass and low bushes can be enough, when seen at low level and done well like here.

Incidentally, Mr Mutton, Sir, I'll be sending over a bill for rent. Your thread title is taking up one third of my phone screen in VNC . When two people push "like", it takes up my entire phone screen :)

How do I press 'thanks ' and 'laugh' ? 

Morning Mikkel. 

With regards to the thread title, you may well be relieved to know that it was as much as I could fit in.....

Bigger phones are available though.......

Rob. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 9

Must somehow remember where your "how to" on weathering Westminster is in the thread - I have one that would benefit from the same treatment, plus a "Dodo" W4, too! Having gone back and read from page 300, I've seen many photos of your brace of Pecketts but nothing about how they were done... so, next job is to go back another 100 posts and read from 200-300!

Mind you, reading about how to do something and then risking actually doing it are two totally differnt matters!

HOURS OF FUN!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Must somehow remember where your "how to" on weathering Westminster is in the thread - I have one that would benefit from the same treatment, plus a "Dodo" W4, too! Having gone back and read from page 300, I've seen many photos of your brace of Pecketts but nothing about how they were done... so, next job is to go back another 100 posts and read from 200-300!

Mind you, reading about how to do something and then risking actually doing it are two totally differnt matters!

HOURS OF FUN!

Morning Steve. 

I raise my hat in acknowledgement of your fortitude. 

If I recall correctly, I didn't detail the process regarding the W4. 

Westminster is the first loco so written up. That said, I am a Sheep of habit and therefore the same principles adopted with Westminster apply. 

To start with, practice on something expendable and be prepared for co@k ups. As you saw with Westminster, I had issues, despite the best laid plans and familiarity with what I was doing. 

If you have any questions at all  then please raise them on here or PM me if you would prefer. 

Rob. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Splendid articles, Rob. Nicely done, sir. :good_mini:

You're very kind. 

Thank you. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

That said, I am a Sheep of habit

Well said, young sheepychap.

We like our habits and routines here at Kernow Towers as well. We don't like change much, either. Consider us the Sheldon Cooper of South Devon.

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Steve. 

I raise my hat in acknowledgement of your fortitude

Rob -

You make it sound like a chore or an obstacle to overcome! Nothing further from the truth - a veritable mine of information, a minefield of double entendres, pages of inspiration, of craftmanship and modelling wisdom served with lashings of humour as a side dish from yourself and your merry band of contributors.

I am as happy as a sheep in clover!

"Tupsarse! Tupsarse 'fore Rawn'stall" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1