You realise that I can go through literally dozens of offensive words and phrases for the same item before settling upon an unconnected and inoffensive word which is probably offensive when used to describe something else?

Sounds like a great game! When do we start? :D

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Back OT.

Has anyone else who was modelling gnarly old trees, coppiced trees or heavily trimmed fruit trees found that they can use bits of apple twigs or privet? 

It has excellent texture and the surface is fine enough to pass for a "scale" item in the way that the pine root does?

• Informative/Useful 4

3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh, I don't know.

The essential ambiguity implied with the juxtaposition of arboreal phenomenon and manufactured artifact implies a deftly woven suffusion of essential light and shade, which transcends the merely ethereal and sustains an exciting new provenance of the contemporaneous interplay between the artistic and the subliminal integration of reality with specific spatial metaphors.

Have you met Sir Humphrey Appleby?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Liam said:

Legend has it that upon his retirement Sir Humphrey was offered the title of Lord Appleby of Haverfordwest. 

I heard it was Viscount Horrocksford.....

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

No - Viscounts had four engines, and Rob never has that many on a layout at once. 

I had a Viscount, it only had one engine, but it did have Powerglide transmission, vynil roof and electric windows....

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 04/04/2021 at 20:00, NHY 581 said:

A bit of mist at Sheep Dip this morning failed to deter No1 as she shuffled along with a single empty. 

Rob

20210404_193837-03.jpeg

Good Lord!!!! The trees really escalate this layout to the next level of brilliance.....and this photo just captures something that strikes quite deep within me. I know I haven't been here but I've been somewhere very close to there on a day like that. Utterly superb.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Off Tackle said:

Good Lord!!!! The trees really escalate this layout to the next level of brilliance.....and this photo just captures something that strikes quite deep within me. I know I haven't been here but I've been somewhere very close to there on a day like that. Utterly superb.

Morning OT. 

Thank you for those very kind words. The trees do alter Sheep Dip, especially in their 'bare' state.  Quite stark and somewhat removed from the normal summery feel. 

Rob. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Back OT.

Has anyone else who was modelling gnarly old trees, coppiced trees or heavily trimmed fruit trees found that they can use bits of apple twigs or privet? 

It has excellent texture and the surface is fine enough to pass for a "scale" item in the way that the pine root does?

Morning Rob. 

I have heard of privet being used.  Thyme is pretty good as well. 

Rob. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I have found the old woody bits of lavender quite useful for small trees.  

Indeed, also rosemary. 

Rob. 

• Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I have found the old woody bits of lavender

I just asked the missus what are the wooly bits of lavender like - she looked at me daft. Re-reading it I realised why. It's all the damn sheep in this thread.....

Keith

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, keefr2 said:

I just asked the missus what are the wooly bits of lavender like - she looked at me daft. Re-reading it I realised why. It's all the damn sheep in this thread.....

Stop bleating.  Ewe knew the risks...Nobody pulled the wool ovine your eyes. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
On 07/04/2021 at 18:32, Siberian Snooper said:

Rosemary and bit of garlic inserted into a joint of lamb is delicious.

Really. 

sheep-967169-01.jpeg.3f6392e5bb0f084e2858a9f644d8aef0.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2