1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

...... I know nothing of these things, of course, but I heard some mention of it the other day, while discussing alternative abstract concepts of spatial expressionism within a new focus group, dedicated to diffusing the arguments surrounding the critical dialogue between the proponents of  disjunctive perturbation and distinctive juxtaposition of form.  

I'm reminded of an 'Art Work' in a Dundee Contemporary Arts Gallery by Michaelangelo Antonioni

I saw a few years ago.

Ellipsis  To mark moments of uncertainty, to remove chunks of narrative.

(Basically, a blank canvas with just the hint that a brush may have added a layer of sealer on the canvas).

The guide notes to the Art Work mentions...
" Michaelangelo Antonioni use of the device leaves the audience and viewer to speculate on what happens in the gap, to create their own understanding or interpretation around a moment of ambiguity".

Not sure Captain how far that is from your description above, but neither mean anything to me, I'm to old now to understand these things.

There's a similar theme in a work by  Ithell Colquhoun (1906-1988) in a Penzance Gallery. 

The guide notes tell us?
"She's an artist drawn by Gaelic Melodic Superautomism* …… perhaps a figure from a spirit world, conjured from Aladdin’s lamp, condensed, materialised and 'ectoplasmic’, as if from a half conscious experience of the interdependence of the animal, vegetable and mineral kingdoms of the earth and their vitalization by the sun".
At best the canvas was ethereal... :jester:

*e.g. Close your eyes and let the pencil drift over the canvas, hopefully recording your dream experiences.

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

3 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Similar rather than the same.

Klear is a floor tile sealant that has become popular for modelling purposes because it comes in big cheap bottles, as opposed to modelling varnish which tends to come in small expensive ones.

John

Same stuff though, just in smaller bottles.

It was made because of demand from the military and aircraft modellers when the original Johnson Klear was discontinued about ten years ago.

Jason

• Informative/Useful 4

6 minutes ago, Penlan said:

I'm reminded of an 'Art Work' in a Dundee Contemporary Arts Gallery by Michaelangelo Antonioni

I saw a few years ago.

Ellipsis  To mark moments of uncertainty, to remove chunks of narrative.

(Basically, a blank canvas with just the hint that a brush may have added a layer of sealer on the canvas).

The guide notes to the Art Work mentions...
" Michaelangelo Antonioni use of the device leaves the audience and viewer to speculate on what happens in the gap, to create their own understanding or interpretation around a moment of ambiguity".

Not sure Captain how far that is from your description above, but neither mean anything to me, I'm to old now to understand these things.

There's a similar theme in a work by  Ithell Colquhoun (1906-1988) in a Penzance Gallery. The guide notes tell us?
"She's an artist drawn by Gaelic Melodic Superautomism (e.g. Close your eyes and let the pencil drift over the canvas, hopefully recording your dream experiences)…… perhaps a figure from a spirit world, conjured from Aladdin’s lamp, condensed, materialised and 'ectoplasmic’, as if from a half conscious experience of the interdependence of the animal, vegetable and mineral kingdoms of the earth and their vitalization by the sun".
At best the canvas was ethereal... :jester:

Yet the arty fartys like to bleat on and on and on about the curse of elitism and the lack "accessible" art.

Hypocritical bunch of .......

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Yet the arty fartys like to bleat on and on and on about the curse of elitism and the lack "accessible" art.

Agreed.
The plus point at Dundee was the Gallery had an informal sort of Cafe, lots of students - cheap coffee.
The Gallery was empty - bar me and my wife, the Cafe was packed.

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

...... bunch of Model chimney builders ?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

24 minutes ago, DonB said:

That would involve far too much effort and artistic talent.

It would also seriously eat into the time needed to write a pretentious back story...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

They're like wine snobs though - they want it to be inaccessible and elitist, so they can look down their noses at the rest of us.

Me, I like art I can recognise and wine that tastes good, and couldn't give a whatsit about how much (or how little) it cost...

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Nick C said:

They're like wine snobs though - they want it to be inaccessible and elitist, so they can look down their noses at the rest of us

Now that's an interesting notion. I know even less about wine than I know about Art, but perhaps I should have a go at taking the pisse there too!

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Nick C said:

They're like wine snobs though - they want it to be inaccessible and elitist, so they can look down their noses at the rest of us.

Maybe why my suggestion of 'I think shops like yours should put wine in alphabetical order so it is easy to find the Blue Nun' didn't go down too well then. . . . . . . . ?  

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 14

IMHO @Gedwardis an artist in the real sense, not some contrived master of self publicity with little skill to back it up. Unfortunately the art world is brimming with the latter, which is why it is a running joke to the majority. 

Of course, those types brush off the derision with lofty remarks about the masses not being able to "see" true art.

Shades of The King's New Clothes.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, DonB said:

I believe the correct terminology for such things is a 'stack' of model chimney builders. 

Edited by NHY 581
Pigeons.
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, DonB said:

Er,

20210709_104838_a.jpg.c36e2b03f095ecea7540f0dfa60cc48f.jpg

With apologies for the shameless self-promotion yet again. There may be some sheep not too far away from the location depicted, but I would have to look into that.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

I have been plotting.This is the proposed entry from the Fiddly Area Resuffling Table.......and by the way, I didn't see things going this weird...........

20210709_162004-01.jpeg.29eacacc0cc2f93421fb199def8220a4.jpeg

(Please note. We are not flooded. This is the plastic wrapping of the new Swedish baseboards) 

20210709_162045-01.jpeg.52d7552e1e8c4eea8bc409dbf69fd56c.jpeg

Rob. 

Coming along swimmingly well young Ewe. Any one for a Sheep dip?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

I have been plotting.This is the proposed entry from the Fiddly Area Resuffling Table.......and by the way, I didn't see things going this weird...........

(Please note. We are not flooded. This is the plastic wrapping of the new Swedish baseboards) 

Rob. 

I'm liking this already, a nice collection of buildings, I can see it's going to have some great sight lines.

Al.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

Rob. 

Inspired choice of sheds buildings, that man.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

Rob. 

Does the stock steer itself or have you forgotten to lay any rails?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

I'm liking this already, a nice collection of buildings, I can see it's going to have some great sight lines.

Al.

Thanks Al. 

Yes, have to agree.  I do like locos emerging from between  or around buildings. 

20210709_162004-02.jpeg.4f6419c1c7d297c8400ec82c03d6de17.jpeg

There will be a buffer stop between the end of the 16 tonner  and the wooden lean to.  Perhaps a cobbled/ hard standing to the front and side of the 'garage'. The vehicle  entry to the yard will be between the barn to the left and small hut, parallel to the Pannier. 

Green area to the front of the barn.........

I can see it now...

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, mullie said:

Does the stock steer itself or have you forgotten to lay any rails?

Hi Martyn, 

Once I have an idea of what the track plan will look like, I can pick up a few bits and bobs. I have no track at present. 

We are a long way way from laying any track for now. 

Rob. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2