3 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

So, what to do with a surplus GWR 1366? Oh and a GWR shunters trunk too... (Both BNIB and never used)

Ideas so far revolve around abuse with big nasty power tools. Any other suggestions?

Well, if the obvious building a GWR layout or selling to a retailer with a used product section doesn't interest, perhaps find a youngster (or even adult new to the hobby) who would be grateful for a donation?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

So, what to do with a surplus GWR 1366? Oh and a GWR shunters trunk too... (Both BNIB and never used)

Any other suggestions?

Tell that bloke selling his surplus SR stuff to put them on the same list...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Is now a good time to enter the confessional?

Shortly to have my 4th pannier arrive thanks to SheepBloke. He's to blame for most things in my experience.

So I now have 3no 1366s and an 8750. 1no 1366 in 7mm (the one we don't talk about) and 2no in 4mm. The 8750 is 7mm. 

This worries me greatly.

One of the 4mm 1366 is the Heljan model, bought in GWR green livery with a view to painting it black as 1368 in BR days. With the purchase from Mr Sheep this isn't necessary any more. 

Ideas so far revolve around abuse with big nasty power tools. Any other suggestions?

Talking about the one we don't talk about is it nearly there yet? :jester:  (BTW I too have 3 x 1366 for 00 gauge - can we say snap?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

How about a nice little 1930s GWR shunty layout thing ? 

You have the makings......just a few more wagons needed and hey presto! 

I like the idea of that. 

Would have to be dual gauge old fruit. 7mm at the front, 4mm at the rear?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Talking about the one we don't talk about is it nearly there yet? :jester:  (BTW I too have 3 x 1366 for 00 gauge - can we say snap?

It appears that I've taken the working from home lockdown period as time off from trains. Not necessarily due to lack of interest but more than after spending each day working sat at a desk at home, I can't then face spending the evening also sat at a desk making stuff. Instead I've been doing active stuff: taming the garden and giving it a big makeover plus working my way down the lengthy DIY to do list. 

I did get about 2/3 the way through building a small 4mm cameo layout over the Xmas break but that hasn't been touched for 4 months. Pencarrow hasn't really progressed in 2 years. 

Poor show really.

The body of the 7mm 1366 (that we don't talk about) is complete and needs a good clean and some paint. The chassis...well I'm starting again with that.

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

The 4mm cameo I referred to is called Polsarrett:

IMG_20210109_175525_1.jpg.d7573e925e4435e5d83e612852d850a9.jpg

IMG_20210109_175507.jpg.6d1fba6cabc79964d255a7b052255567.jpg

Another exercise in North Cornwall BR(S) and something for Beatty Well Tanks, O2 etc to run on...and the reason for the 1366 purchase.

Track all laid and fully wired but....

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I'm sure it'll come to the front of the queue eventually. You know it's there for you! :good:

Just watch out for sheep but it will look very nice with a 1366 machine, or two,  in the frame.

Anyway I thought this thread was about breakfasts - proper breakfasts.  time to get back to the relevant stuff ;)

1062376636_NreakfastatFlickscaff.jpg.019e200bdcb93d18dc25630f9a6bda47.jpg

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Just watch out for sheep but it will look very nice with a 1366 machine, or two,  in the frame.

Anyway I thought this thread was about breakfasts - proper breakfasts.  time to get back to the relevant stuff ;)

Excellent image Mike. 

In what for many of us will be seen as  a retrograde step  it appears that Wetherspoons have done away with black pudding on their fry ups. Not even there as an optional extra. 

Bad form. 

Rob

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

I've just eaten my tea, but that breakfast has made me hungry,  I may have to forgo the normal cereals for breakfast and pig out on a fry up.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Please stop it !  :jester:

My last fry-up was at Wells before having my "problems" and I can't / daren't try one even with the thing ripped out :O

Oh ! How I miss a decent fry-up !!!!! 

Rennie 

• Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

With the new layout pending, I find myself working out the type of look I would like....

Now I'm sure no self respecting Western Region track laying gang would allow this to happen...............but I do like the prospect of it.....

But do I want to go through this again.......!?

Screenshot_20210712-214655_Samsung Internet-02.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

With the new layout pending, I find myself working out the type of look I would like....

Now I'm sure no self respecting Western Region track laying gang would allow this to happen...............but I do like the prospect of it.....

Screenshot_20210712-214655_Samsung Internet-02.jpeg

It really is a masterpiece of weathering, and adds so much to the look and feel of the layout.

But, I feel your pain... (metaphorically).

Al.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Apropos of nothing:

I saw a sheep in a swimming costume today, driving a very fast Italian sports car.

It was a Lamb-bikini

Aye thank ewe....

I could understand this, if the sheep didn't have it's swimming costume on and was driving fast, in an attempt to catch the other sheep, who had stolen it's costume, or perhaps taken it by mistake, but I don't know why the sheep would otherwise be risking a speeding ticket in a flashy car that the Ovine Constabulary would otherwise be bound to pull over, even if just to ask the driver how fast it could go?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I could understand this, if the sheep didn't have it's swimming costume on and was driving fast, in an attempt to catch the other sheep, who had stolen it's costume, or perhaps taken it by mistake, but I don't know why the sheep would otherwise be risking a speeding ticket in a flashy car that the Ovine Constabulary would otherwise be bound to pull over, even if just to ask the driver how fast it could go?

baa...rking....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Transfer between the two could be tricky

There is a er, furrin layout around on the interweb with three scales in a mountain scene, with the same design railcar on all three scales.  As the front one disappears off scene, the next smaller one emerges and crosses the valley in the opposite direction etc.....very clever.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Well you really earned your chops with this one!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3