• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Apropos of nothing:

I saw a sheep in a swimming costume today, driving a very fast Italian sports car.

It was a Lamb-bikini

Aye thank ewe....

Made me laugh...

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

I could understand this, if the sheep didn't have it's swimming costume on and was driving fast, in an attempt to catch the other sheep, who had stolen it's costume, or perhaps taken it by mistake, but I don't know why the sheep would otherwise be risking a speeding ticket in a flashy car that the Ovine Constabulary would otherwise be bound to pull over, even if just to ask the driver how fast it could go?

Possibly putting a bit too much thought into this one CK. Saying that, you missed the obvious major plot flaw in the story... Sheep don't drive cars, well not up around Spam Towers they don't. Sorry to disappoint you old bean.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Possibly putting a bit too much thought into this one CK. Saying that, you missed the obvious major plot flaw in the story... Sheep don't drive cars, well not up around Spam Towers they don't. Sorry to disappoint you old bean.

You mean Sean the Sheep isn't real!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Just watch out for sheep but it will look very nice with a 1366 machine, or two,  in the frame.

Anyway I thought this thread was about breakfasts - proper breakfasts.  time to get back to the relevant stuff ;)

1062376636_NreakfastatFlickscaff.jpg.019e200bdcb93d18dc25630f9a6bda47.jpg

Wot no mushrooms? Or beanz?

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Sadly, it does rather look like the Prairie will be returned. 

Purchased from a well known auction site and despite assurances that it was a smooth runner.............it isn't. 

A noticeable tightspot at '11 o'clock' in reverse is proving erksome thereby making it not fit for intended purpose. 

I shall give it a further, protracted roundy roundy run later..........but I am not overly confident. It's a shame as it is otherwise a lovely loco and exactly what I was after. 

An agreement to refund has been secured. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, wiggoforgold said:

Is it the valve gear/connecting rod Rob? One of mine had a problem there and had to be replaced.

Alex

PM sent, Alex. 

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

I am now thoroughly enlightened.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Ahem. 

Sheep do drive cars. 

How do you think I get my layouts to shows.......? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Wot no mushrooms? Or beanz?

I don't like baked beans with a decent 'proper job' breakfast although the lack of mushrooms is another matter (maybe there wasn't room for them on the plate?).  However you will surely admit that it compares quite well with the Aussie version seen here (although that did  come with a proper grilled tomato instead of tinned and the scrambled egg wasn't the end of the world - well not quite)

972867416_067_DS1copy.jpg.11294456c3f1ce6d13c62eb864237f50.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Sadly, it does rather look like the Prairie will be returned. 

Purchased from a well known auction site and despite assurances that it was a smooth runner.............it isn't. 

A noticeable tightspot at '11 o'clock' in reverse is proving erksome thereby making it not fit for intended purpose. 

I shall give it a further, protracted roundy roundy run later..........but I am not overly confident. It's a shame as it is otherwise a lovely loco and exactly what I was after. 

An agreement to refund has been secured. 

Rob. 

I happen to have a surfeit of such items of locomotion although the decorative choice might be rather akin to that offered by Henry Ford. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I happen to have a surfeit of such items of locomotion although the decorative choice might be rather akin to that offered by Henry Ford. 

That sounds interesting, Mike. I may well be in touch......stand by

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I don't like baked beans with a decent 'proper job' breakfast although the lack of mushrooms is another matter (maybe there wasn't room for them on the plate?).  However you will surely admit that it compares quite well with the Aussie version seen here (although that did  come with a proper grilled tomato instead of tinned and the scrambled egg wasn't the end of the world - well not quite)

972867416_067_DS1copy.jpg.11294456c3f1ce6d13c62eb864237f50.jpg

Hmm, too much green stuff there. Green stuff has no place at breakfast - especially smashed avocado.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Hmm, too much green stuff there. Green stuff has no place at breakfast - especially smashed avocado.

And where is the "Fried slice" to support the Fried Eggs and capture the runny yolks?

However, I can be very partial to a large olive Focaccia bap sliced open and sandwiching 1/2 a sliced avocado and 3 good rashers of back bacon - but normally for lunch rather than breakfast!

Regards

Chris H

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

Sheep do drive cars. 

How do you think I get my layouts to shows.......? 

I thought that you build small layouts so that they fit in the sidecar?

• Like 2