• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Another 'testing and evaluating' session seems likely today. Pesky shoulder is still providing a bit of a distraction so limits could be placed upon the adding of the DAS if started today. I prefer to get this done in one go so I may leave this for another day. 

Updates to no doubt follow. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Gedward said:

I think secondary duties are called for, until you're feeling stronger Rob. I would leave the DAS work for now if poss.

Morning George. 

I cannot disagree with that. R&D ( running and development ) is to the fore today methinks. 

To be quite honest, I've not fully settled on how I will approach the waters edge so more research would be appropriate prior to commencing DAS stage 1. 

So I shall perhaps defer to books and comics..........once I have finished playing trains. 

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

so more research would be appropriate prior to commencing

Morning Rob.

My mantra is 90% research/thinking/procrastination 10% doing. Works for me. :)

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

The current state of play including the somewhat 'temporary'nature of the fiddly yard arrangements. 

20210822_074114-01.jpeg.5d46bc390e1d4e8e4cc80ebdf0ebdfe0.jpeg

Some tidying will be carried out to improve the aesthetics. But in the spirit of KISS, it works.......

20210822_074033-02.jpeg.fa3e92addfabf0fffa63546967659227.jpeg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Couldn't help noticing the Corgi Coach. Reminded me that I have one just like it.

An ex colleague bought and renovated the Bedford OB Coach a few years back. Then persuaded Corgi to produce a limited edition.

Seagull.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Gedward said:

Couldn't help noticing the Corgi Coach. Reminded me that I have one just like it.

An ex colleague bought and renovated the Bedford OB Coach a few years back. Then persuaded Corgi to produce a limited edition.

Seagull.jpg

I do like them. This was an absolute steal from ebay a little while ago. 

20210822_082452-02.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Some tidying will be carried out to improve the aesthetics

Oh, one of my favourite words in ordinary, everyday use!

Do also try to find a use for it's bedfellows 'conceptual' and 'ethereal' sometime, please.

Darling.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh, one of my favourite words in ordinary, everyday use!

Do also try to find a use for it's bedfellows 'conceptual' and 'ethereal' sometime, please.

Darling.

Conceptually, Darling, Project X,  remains  that of a  bucolic backwater in East Anglia with  an ever so and one hopes none too boisterous, sylvanian aspect. One would also hope that the juxtaposition arising from the minimalist use of carefully selected small buildings, intrinsically coupled with a  few undeniably delicate, and dare I say, dainty, trees and such like,  will impart an ethereal fragility to the whole jolly little scene when viewed in the stark isolation of the Cameo genre. 

The presence of a water feature,  I am confident to propose, will add to the relaxed ambience of  the scene as a whole, and result in something which is not only aesthetically pleasing but is capable of captivating and holding  that most laissez-faire of viewers, despite the overall and undeniably simplistic nature of the offering.  

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 5

3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Conceptually, Darling, Project X,  remains  that of a  bucolic backwater in East Anglia with  an ever so and one hopes none too boisterous, sylvanian aspect. One would also hope that the juxtaposition arising from the minimalist use of carefully selected small buildings, intrinsically coupled with a  few undeniably delicate, and dare I say, dainty, trees and such like,  will impart an ethereal fragility to the whole jolly little scene when viewed in the stark isolation of the Cameo genre. 

The presence of a water feature,  I am confident to propose, will add to the relaxed ambience of  the scene as a whole, and result in something which is not only aesthetically pleasing but is capable of captivating and holding  that most laissez-faire of viewers, despite the overall and undeniably simplistic nature of the offering.  

Stanley Unwin

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 2ManySpams said:

Not very elaborate...

I would refer the learned gentleman to the below. 

2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

You forgot 'eclectic mix'. :rolleyes:

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Benbow said:

You forgot 'eclectic mix'. :rolleyes:

Never. I am very partial to a quarter bag. Prefer them to wine gums. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

This afternoon's play/test session has been fun and a few tantalising glimpses of some nice views are emerging........literally. 

20210822_154818-01.jpeg.e867a5edf6f08279c2b2a7737366ea07.jpeg

That is rather marvellous for a few twigs a bit of out the box track, some stock and buildings .

Great angle you’ve found.

You probably said already but the beat up shed where would I find such an offering?

Might have a spot for one!

Cheers

Ade

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Should I be worried as not only did I understand that but I also agreed with it as well 

Worried of Tunbridge Wells

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, AdeMoore said:

That is rather marvellous for a few twigs a bit of out the box track, some stock and buildings .

Great angle you’ve found.

You probably said already but the beat up shed where would I find such an offering?

Might have a spot for one!

Cheers

Ade

Hi Ade. 

The beat up shed is from the Bachmann Pendon range. 

44-163_1047179_Qty1_box.jpg.d8de70505e356b8e6f4d12cf40afa118.jpg

Discontinued a while age but plenty on ebay though quite expensive. 

If memory serves me right  Lord and Butler had a couple in stock last time I was there a couple of weeks ago. Priced at £9.95 if I recall correctly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

@AdeMoore - Various resin buildings can also be had from www.anyscalemodels.com - he has a whole 1:76 range available, lots of Scottish vernacular but also more generic structures too. All the models come unpainted, but at £5.50 for a tin shed/waiting room for example, two might be had for the price of a single Bachmann Scenecraft building! Other buildings cost more (or even less) and he does various boats, too!

No connection other than a happy customer!

Steve S

Tin shack

IMG_2070.JPG.056d80f9f2bd8c34e7e42fd1fa32104c.JPG

Waiting Room

IMG_2071.JPG.0f5facc714820d4e7a5b48117da447d2.JPG

Wooden Workshop (slightly more expensive, but still under £8)

IMG_2072.JPG.993db5b5be9ec4c4affe4d605985b498.JPG

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

This afternoon's play/test session has been fun and a few tantalising glimpses of some nice views are emerging........literally. 

20210822_154818-01.jpeg.e867a5edf6f08279c2b2a7737366ea07.jpeg

Have you ever considered doing a winter scene? The bare trees and unpainted board already give it the feel for a frosty morning...

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Nick C said:

Have you ever considered doing a winter scene? The bare trees and unpainted board already give it the feel for a frosty morning...

As it happens, Nick, yes. It has crossed my mind. There are a few stunning layouts hereabouts that are either based in winter or autumn to good effect. 

• Like 6