On 30/08/2021 at 08:29, Stubby47 said:

As long as you are still thinking about modelling in your quiet moments.

On 30/08/2021 at 08:44, 2ManySpams said:

And sheep, don't ewe forget the sheep.

No need to RAM that down!

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

What's car polish?

Whatever it is, what brand is it (t-cut?) and didn't you do a demo about using it on yere once upon a time?

And finally should I go back to bed for an hour?

Mange tout,  Dubbers. 

It's Autoglym Resin W. Small amounts applied using a cotton bud in a circular motion. 

I may well have written it up at some point. It's on here somewhere amongst all the other guff. If you can find it, you're a better man than I, Duckmuff. 

And yes, you should. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 minutes ago, BlackRat said:

Rob, not long to go now mate!!!

Get those monthly 'free' shekels..... you'll soon forget that you paid in for them.

Luverly jubberly.

Does this indicate Rob will be hanging up his boots and joining the great unwashed / late getting up / more modelling time / not bothered etc etc etc ?

Come on in the water is lovely ! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Hi Rob - could you tell me the identity of the van at the very back with the more rounded off edges along the roof? It looks like it may be the type in this photo from the C&HPR.

Thanks!

Jay

Think it's a SR diagram 1429 van my babber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, JustinDean said:

Hi Rob - could you tell me the identity of the van at the very back with the more rounded off edges along the roof? It looks like it may be the type in this photo from the C&HPR.

Thanks!

Jay

816166685_LSWRD1410.jpg.e312b4e7ed5f17a8068799ea89603774.jpg

One of these maybe:

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/oo-gauge-wagons-freight/products/Dapol-4f-021-020-box-van-lms-611428-weathered

but then it could be one of these:

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/oo-gauge-wagons-freight/products/box-van-sr-44625

Difficult to see the difference apart from the livery.

Edited by Thorness
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The one in the C&HPR shot doesn't have the diagonal elements to the frames and there are no signs of planking, I think that is more likely to be

https://www.hamodels.net/ratio-plastic-models-593-sr/br-12-ton-box-van-with-plywood-sides.html

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, JustinDean said:

Thanks!

Jay

The wagon in your photo is, as suggested by others, a SR van but is one of the ones that has a plywood rather than planked body. As well as the kit suggested by Phil, there's also the RTR option from Bachmann: https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/rolling-stock-freight/Bachmann-38-077-sr-12t-plywood-ventilated-van-br-bauxite-late-weathered/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/09/2021 at 09:00, NHY 581 said:

Mange tout,  Dubbers. 

It's Autoglym Resin W. Small amounts applied using a cotton bud in a circular motion. 

I may well have written it up at some point. It's on here somewhere amongst all the other guff. If you can find it, you're a better man than I, Duckmuff. 

And yes, you should. 

ooh take care - resin W is clag, for wood.  Auto Glym resin polish (red or black label) is for shiny.  Wot I polish my motorbikes with, Resin W would make then all claggy and nasty.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, JustinDean said:

Thanks!

Jay

Hi Jay,

The wagon in Rob's photo is the planked version (Bachmann 38-071A) as I used here:

ladmanlow1269.jpg.da9319eb7be014d43614b2efc436ba85.jpg

But as Spams says, they now do the plywood version too (Bachmann 38-077) which matches your photo.

Al

Edited by Alister_G
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1