• RMweb Gold

Indeed, the one in Rob's picture is the even-planked variety and Bachmann also do (or have done) the 2+1 planked type (38-082A/B/C).

All three sub-types are also available as Ratio kits (now rebranded as Parkside by Peco). 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

The wagon in your photo is, as suggested by others, a SR van but is one of the ones that has a plywood rather than planked body. As well as the kit suggested by Phil, there's also the RTR option from Bachmann: https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/rolling-stock-freight/Bachmann-38-077-sr-12t-plywood-ventilated-van-br-bauxite-late-weathered/

So tell us, Spammers, does this information come from you or from your friend?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

On 05/09/2021 at 20:04, NHY 581 said:

20210905_193215-01.jpeg.53afafa73aea76c075d3347737cec5de.jpeg

I have also re-assessed the Fiddle Area Re-assembling Table (F.A.R.T) for Project X and produced a more compact solution for home use only. It's enough to keep things ticking over. 

Egads man, I know you were showing an interest in bigger scales but if that chair manifesting as a temporary bookstand is part of your plans for project X, you are going to need a bigger house.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

ooh take care - resin W is clag, for wood.  Auto Glym resin polish (red or black label) is for shiny.  Wot I polish my motorbikes with, Resin W would make then all claggy and nasty.

Bu@@er!

Yep. Spot on Neil. I hold my hooves up. Autoglym red label. Not resin W. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Hi Jay,

The wagon in Rob's photo is the planked version (Bachmann 38-071A) as I used here:

ladmanlow1269.jpg.da9319eb7be014d43614b2efc436ba85.jpg

But as Spams says, they now do the plywood version too (Bachmann 38-077) which matches your photo.

Al

Bloody damn good piccie. 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DonB said:

It seems to me that the good captain is diverting attention from the freezing out of tales of the Hon. Cuthbertson and his furrin adversaries .... Vanilla Ice  Cream, what ever next?

The connection between Cuthbertson and the ice cream is too tenuous to even consider in any kind of serious or meditative manner.

Edited by Captain Kernow
Brylcreem
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

The connection between Cuthbertson and the ice cream is too tenuous to even consider in any kind of serious or meditative manner.

I clicked "Interesting/Thought-provoking" but only one of those is actually true.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, DonB said:

It seems to me that the good captain is diverting attention from the freezing out of tales of the Hon. Cuthbertson and his furrin adversaries .... Vanilla Ice  Cream, what ever next?

We all make sacrifices in pursuit of our art, Darling. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Bleat Wharf will not now be appearing at Taunton Railex. 

The show, scheduled for Oct 23rd/24th, has been cancelled due to the ongoing uncertainty around COVID and all that goes with it.

Not unexpected really. 

Looks like plans are ahoof for it  to go ahead in 2022. 

Rob. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

The show, scheduled for Oct 23rd/24th, has been cancelled due to the ongoing uncertainty around COVID and all that goes with it.

Not unexpected really. 

Looks like plans are ahoof for it  to go ahead 

Rob. 

Shame. Hope it goes ahead in 2022

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Not unexpected really. 

Looks like plans are ahoof for it  to go ahead in 2022. 

Rob. 

Morning Rob,

So sorry to hear this, I was really looking forward to meeting Bleat Wharf and new friends at Railex.

See you next year then.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear that Rob, at least it wasn't a very last minute cancellation and you can now adjust your plans accordingly.

The bigger question is whether the April Taunton show will be going ahead. Definitely had withdrawal symptoms from missing that one.

PS, do ewe not sleep chap?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all (2)

It is a shame but as I say,  not unexpected given the news over the last week or so. 

On a positive, Bleat is still on the cards for at least two shows in 2022, Penarth in July and Exmoor Rail in August. I may be asked over for Larkrail as I was on the bill for 2020 and of course we wait and see about Taunton in the October. 

Project X is pencilled in for two, one in Feb and the other in April though I might take Sheep Dip to the Feb show as it hasn't made it out of the door yet. 

So not really a disaster. That's a possible six shows with various layouts next year. 

Rob

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

The bigger question is whether the April Taunton show will be going ahead. Definitely had withdrawal symptoms from missing that one.

PS, do ewe not sleep chap?

Morning Pencarrot.

I agree. Hooves crossed for Taunton in April. Sadly missed this year though last years virtual jobbie was fun. 

And no, I don't sleep. Too much work rubbish bouncing round in woolly brainbox at the moment.  Filled it up with train stuff instead and nodded back off. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

We are rather sad about cancelling  Rail Ex Taunton.  There is rather too much uncertainty around. Just the other day I saw a potential mini fire break lockdown being suggested probably to coincide with the half term break. Since we use a school at half term that could have been a disaster.

On the other side I am also somewhat relieved that I will not be sat on the door for a lot of the time particularly in the busy periods.

SWAG in April should be a lot easier the numbers attending will be a lot lower and we usually have a bit of space around. No one is needed on the door

Don

• Friendly/supportive 7