7 hours ago, figworthy said:

She'll catch her death of cold wandering through the woods dressed like that.

Adrian

How can she get cold? ** She's clearly hot...

Besides, Mr BB Wolf has a nice fur coat.

** How hot girls become cold? In my experience, marry them. 

• Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

You know you are getting well past it when you see a pretty young girl in skimpy clothing or a bare midriff  and think 'Isn't it a bit cold to be dressed like that'   If you see a pretty girl and start wondering if she has pasties in her basket you have completely lost it.

Don

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Donw said:

You know you are getting well past it when you see a pretty young girl in skimpy clothing or a bare midriff  and think 'Isn't it a bit cold to be dressed like that'   If you see a pretty girl and start wondering if she has pasties in her basket you have completely lost it.

Don

Welcome to my world...I have a small bag of change as well...is that a hat trick?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Project X is already building a picture in my mind, it's reminiscent of places like this:

lnwrk2066.jpg.0b1a138ba8a2417f6e327b1abd1581bc.jpg

Kenilworth, 1959.

They've got the proportions of their inglenook layout wrong, it's supposed to be 3-3-5...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Latest recruit to Project X. 

Another purchase from that well known auction site. 

20211027_170511-02.jpeg.541b921bdc0a0eb0e84c357adc39a26a.jpeg

Vendor stated, "when test run on my 1 Metre test track it ran both forward and reverse, but slowly.

May need a service as it has been stored for some time - starting price reflects this " 

Mmmmmmm..........

Ran horrendously. 

It was reasonably cheap, so I was inclined to investigate but.......   

Little chap  displayed all the running qualities of a Norman Collier after dinner speech. 

Stripping the beast and separating the split chassis gave an indication of the issue. It had been lubricated with Marmite, about half a jar. 

Removing the congealed gunk and thoroughly degreasing, re assembling and suitably light oiling has improved things no end. It's probably not good enough but it's a better start than when received. 

Brass washers were added behind the outside cranks to reduce the drunken behaviour. Juries out on this for now. 

Repairs to hand rail and front lamp iron ( seemingly  usual areas of damage ) and its pretty much there..............for now. 

Nice looking though and as I say, it was cheap. 

Rob. 

• Like 12
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

You might have found a way to get your projects to pay for themselves there, if only you had time to buy, overhaul and resell old locos.

It is giving me some faith in resurrecting some of my collection of relics though.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Nick C said:

They've got the proportions of their inglenook layout wrong, it's supposed to be 3-3-5...

Unfortunately, I have no idea what any of that means.

An inglenook to me is a 200 year old fireplace.:scratchhead:

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

I always understood the name “Inglenook Sidings” referred to the fact that the layout was small enough to fit in the inglenook, which is the space adjoining the fireplace rather than the fireplace itself*

*according to Wikipedia anyway.

• Agree 6

Early houses often had a very wide fireplace with a seat either side of the fireplace which was also shielded from draughts by the supporting wall of the front of the chimney breast,so that you could sit in an inglenook either side of a firebasket or dog grate.

So as per the layout, only one way in or out.

The recess created either side of a chimney breast is more commonly referred to as an alcove.

This makes a change from talking about b*ses! :jester:

So I now know that an inglenook layout is a small one with a multitude of very short sidings.

I suspect that there will be as much head scratching with my medium sized sidings too.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Can't beat the addition of a loop for operational interest though* 

I contemplated a quicky inglenook jobbie a while ago but came to the conclusion I would find it too limiting.  

*The opinions expressed therein are those of the individual and not necessarily these

of the organisation. 

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2