• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

With the motivepower for Project X's diesel alter ego now finalised, I can now hopefully recommence work on the layout itself. 

As ever, trackwork next. That should keep us going for a few weeks.........joy. But it cannot be rushed. Much as I find it a chore, there's no excuse for poorly presented trackwork and ballast. It just takes time......

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

As ever, trackwork next. That should keep us going for a few weeks.........joy. But it cannot be rushed. Much as I find it a chore, there's no excuse for poorly presented trackwork and ballast. It just takes time......

Rob. 

A bit o tasty bullhead Mr Sheep?

• Like 1

I like the look of bullhead rail, but the lack of range of points, cost and the fact that some of my locos are older than I am meant tried and trusted Peco Streamline for me too.

I know that I could make my own track, but then I might as well go P4 and build compensated chassis for everything and frankly, life's too short.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I know that I could make my own track, but then I might as well go P4 and build compensated chassis for everything and frankly, life's too short.

I'll stick my head above the parapet here and say that there is a happy compromise of making your own bullhead pointwork in OO!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Very true, although I suspect that any number of my antediluvian locos would derail on it, or in the case of the couple of Tri-ang relics, demolish it.

I did Hand Built Points with Bullhead Track on my Bitton Project, and even a Lima Class 59 with Chieftain Tank wheels ran through my pointwork.

It can be done. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I did Hand Built Points with Bullhead Track on my Bitton Project, and even a Lima Class 59 with Chieftain Tank wheels ran through my pointwork.

It can be done. 

I prefer to call them bacon slicers. :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning Rob

Shame to hear that work is getting in the way of project X. Don't they realise there's a lot of eager fans out here waiting for God's sake? 

You will definitely enjoy the show and the trip. It's been too long.

Snap! I had exactly the same experience recently with a trip to Minehead to visit friends and check out the place of my intended new home. And whilst there visited the club at Bishops Lydeard which had a running session. And also the Exmoor Coast club's small show in Minehead. And that was my first trip out of London since 2019!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

However, I was informed, as of one o'clock yesterday, that I am now working today.....

Don't worry that'll all change soon eh ! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Things have been much the same here, work and other commitments have taken a big bite out of modelling time and energy. Some of these have been enjoyable, most routine.

We did manage a weekend away in late May, but otherwise, it's been the odd local trip and one visit to Warrington model railway exhibition.

Enjoy the trip to Thornbury.

Soon we'll have the chaos of Christmas upon us! :D

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

A little later than anticipated but job done. 

This was the view from 'the office'

20211106_184400.jpg

I'm slightly puzzled. Is this some kind of line dancing event? I never realised it was so popular.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 10