• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Outside framed 4-4-0s?

No, don't tell me, I can't afford it....:dontknow:

They have a few, quite a few actually. 

There's a decent looking Metro tank there as well. I also missed out on a pannier tanked Dean goods before Christmas, due to dithering. Full WD kit. Looked lush.

And they are priced quite sensibly as well. 

R

• Informative/Useful 2

10 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

There's a decent looking Metro tank there as well. I also missed out on a pannier tanked Dean goods before Christmas, due to dithering. Full WD kit. Looked lush.

R

I might be able to justify a metro tank....

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

R

I may need to organise a cross border raid...

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem.........

I went to the trainshop again...........

20220104_123611-01.jpeg.79221ebfb14895d17408f558a99638d1.jpeg

20220104_125504-01.jpeg.38e09e60e0b74b688e66a68de99cad28.jpeg

What a lovely little loco, I don't recognise the Class may I ask what it is please ?

The For-For-Ho is rather nice too !

Edited by bgman
Turned the page and found your answer thank you

• RMweb Gold

I've been asked by Peter at Lord and Butler to post something regarding these locos. I'll be popping something on the L&B thread in a bit. 

If anyone is interested I would contact L&B to register an interest. Difficult I know without a list but they may well emailva copy of what they have. As an example, it was indicated that there were some 200 Southern locos alone...........

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, bgman said:

What a lovely little loco, I don't recognise the Class may I ask what it is please ?

The Ho-For-Ho is rather nice too !

Hi G, 

It's an ex L&SWR 0330 Class. 0332 soldiered on until 1934 and was one of the last two pottering about for the Southern. I think one may have lived on longer on the K&ESR. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, adrianmc said:

With a heavy application of modeller's licence - Adams T1 0-4-4T No 1 at Leysdown.

rmweb_t1.jpg.f0030c25087f0b2cc89ef235801372ff.jpg

Morning Adrian, 

That looks splendid. A judicious application of modellers licence should never be overlooked. 

I now believe mine is the Craftsman brass kit. Is that example one and the same ? 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

By way of an update, I should have lists of what locos are available in the next couple of days, certainly by the end of the week. 

I have spoken to L&B this morning and there are still some 200ish locos to document. 

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

By way of an update, I should have lists of what locos are available in the next couple of days, certainly by the end of the week. 

I have spoken to L&B this morning and there are still some 200ish locos to document. 

Rob. 

You do know what this might do to any 2022 Hornby pre-orders I might have in mind....:)

John

• RMweb Premium
On 03/01/2022 at 21:40, MrWolf said:

One Christmas dinner sized serving of sprouts is sufficient to disperse fog from an entire RAF airfield...

And the good news is that there is a FIDO beer brewed Ferry Ales Brewery near Lincoln, and jolly good it is too! FIDO.png.7ef2cefea654b65f55bed9f9d4eb574f.png 

"Fog Investigation and Dispersal Operation(FIDO) was a system used for dispersing fog from an airfield  The device was developed for British RAF bomber stations, including RAF Fiskerton a small distance from the brewery, allowing the landing of aircraft returning from raids in poor visibility by burning fuel in rows on either side of the runway."

Cheers!

Ralph

Lambton 58

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I now believe mine is the Craftsman brass kit. Is that example one and the same ? 

Sorry Rob, don't know the origin but it is definitely etched brass so could be Craftsman

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well some nice locos there. As I mostly model in 7mm and 2mm my wallet maybe a bit relieved. Mind you I also have some 16mm live steam ones now they really do strain the wallet.

They are some lovely looking models Rob a bit different. I think the model shop looks forward to you coming through the door.

Anyway looking forward to seeing some interesting stuff from you. Besides I hope Steve finds a place for you at Taunton next year assuming of course that we are allowed to have exhibitions by then. Last time I saw him he was commenting that he had those booked for 2020 and those for 2021 both hoping the bookings would be carried over plus some penciled in for 2022.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Donw said:

Well some nice locos there. As I mostly model in 7mm and 2mm my wallet maybe a bit relieved. Mind you I also have some 16mm live steam ones now they really do strain the wallet.

They are some lovely looking models Rob a bit different. I think the model shop looks forward to you coming through the door.

Anyway looking forward to seeing some interesting stuff from you. Besides I hope Steve finds a place for you at Taunton next year assuming of course that we are allowed to have exhibitions by then. Last time I saw him he was commenting that he had those booked for 2020 and those for 2021 both hoping the bookings would be carried over plus some penciled in for 2022.

Don

Hi Don, 

Yes, I'm hoping for a return to Taunton. I still have the Chairman's shield from 2019, awarded for Mutton so at the very least I need to bring that back !!

Bleat Wharf was pencilled in for 2020, then 2021. Be nice to finally take it this year. I have a few jobs to attend to on it but they will need to wait until at least May. 

It will be lovely to see you all again.

Fingers crossed.

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Copious amount of red wine.
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 03/01/2022 at 21:16, MrWolf said:

In other occupations, you light them and call them FIDO.

IWM-CH-15271-FIDO-Lancaster-Gravely.jpg.c3e3e63ec98da2c338d208f5b454028d.jpg

Might be in the Victor Annuals that @NHY 581 has on his shelves, but I remember reading a WW2 story of a shot up bomber getting back to the airfield only for leaking aviation fuel to be ignited as it came into land. Presume that was a true story. . . . .  

On 04/01/2022 at 13:43, NHY 581 said:

I went to the trainshop again...........

On 04/01/2022 at 13:47, NHY 581 said:

Oh, and um.....this happened as well......

Tasty, tasty, their very tasty *.

* What advert was that from??