• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

No. I think I will side with those from Margate { and district !}, CK. I'm not convinced of the extra detailing being worth the additional £40+.

I plan to have one from each works. The first one was delivered from the Kent Works some time ago.

Both my little doggies have found a new home in remote Mid-Wales.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Terriers lasted a long time in significant numbers, and inevitably acquired significant differences over the years, not to mention being 2 classes, A1 and A1x, to start with.  I have a similar problem with my projected 1854, 1870, for Cwmdimbath.  The loco was in service until October 1950, Tondu's last half cab, but unlike running mate 2761, I have no photo of it in it's final condition.  I am going for open half cab and no top feed, but this is guesstimation at best; some 1854s, like 2721s, had 57xx style full cabs by this time, and some probably had top feeds.  Livery will have to be guesswork as well; probably austerity black and if I can ascertain that the loco was overhauled at Caerphilly 1942-5, which might be possible, I can specify 'Sans Grotesque' G W R initials; if not, the 'standard' G W R Egyptian Serif will do.

What's this got to do with little doggies?  Well, I reckon 1870's crews probably thought she was a bit of a b*tch by my period.

Edited by The Johnster

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Terriers lasted a long time in significant numbers, and inevitably acquired significant differences over the years, not to mention being 2 classes, A1 and A1x, to start with.  

Start with? Eh? I think the first conversions - sic - to A1x were on locos already 30 years old. 

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I anticipate three Terriers,   Mon Brave,  Rover, Rex and Roger.........................that may well have been a mistake as I anticipate several references being made to Roger the Terrier.

Do you mind!

Regards

Roger

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Benbow said:

Do you mind!

Regards

Roger

I suspect that was inevitable really...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Well, it's taken me two and a half years but I have finally added coal to three out of the four Radials. 

The fourth, 30583 (early crest) awaits the coal bars adding to the rear windows  before coal is applied. This chap has also developed a tight spot going forwards which is a tad frustrating. 

I have to say that these four do rather keep one on one's toes with their various ailments. 

When running well, they are a delight to watch, unlike anything else. Very elegant indeed. 

Still to add are replacement vacuum pipes to the front of two of the three and clean the wheels. Job done. 

I tend to take a fifth loco as a back up and once again this will be the 700. This will probably gain fire irons and that should be that. 

Rob. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

An Oxford models 6 plank wagon at Mutton.  

20190726_073810-02.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

20190725_212145-01-01.jpeg

Lovely photo, but why does Norman feel that he has to hide in the bushes?

Does he still owe the fireman that 2/6 he borrowed a few weeks ago, for his bus fare home?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Lovely photo, but why does Norman feel that he has to hide in the bushes?

Does he still owe the fireman that 2/6 he borrowed a few weeks ago, for his bus fare home?

Truth be told, Guv'nor, it was that adder wot did it. Norman almost trod on a basking adder, danced a little jig and his camera wot did go an go orf in his 'and, no mistake. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

My Flip Flop won't let me see this image, I just have a code No, and an X.

Stand by........

• RMweb Gold

Ahem...........

A six plank open from Oxford.......

20190726_073810-02-01.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Did the S&DJR run to Oxford?

No. 

BTW........

A 'friend' sent me this...anything you wish to share Stubbers...? 

index.jpeg

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

No. 

BTW........

A 'friend' sent me this...anything you wish to share Stubbers...? 

index.jpeg

Erm,

I'm not feeling Happy about this....

It would appear I've been 'outed' as an Icelandic Troll.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1