11 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

The trees won't mislead you or sing to you or make you recite poetry.

Methinks Mr. & Mrs. Fred Fisher (along with the late Windsor Davies) may beg to differ.

"Don't you tell it to the breeze 'cause she will tell the birds and bees
And ev'ryone will know because you told the blabbering trees
Yes, you told them once before;
It's no secret any more.
Why tell them all the old things?
They're buried under the snow.
Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees"

P

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Cos the trees don't need to know.

OTOH, 'I talk to the tress, but they don't listen to me'.  Nobody else does either so that's no biggy...

Isn't that "I talk to the trees - that's why they're taking me away"?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Cos the trees don't need to know.

OTOH, 'I talk to the tress, but they don't listen to me'.  Nobody else does either so that's no biggy...

Thought that read "I talk to the truss...…." for a moment and was quite concerned for you Johnster.

Ar$£

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Rooted to the spot with that on Stu. Branching out tomorrow to read more. Just twigged what you are on about now. Better leaf before I get told I am using a broad brush (subtle one). I could go on but I need a drink.....(more subtle)…..another old Chestnut.

Ar$£

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Not sure what the weekend holds but I would like to think that it will feature some modelling. 

Looking ahead, Mutton is at Taunton Rail - ex in October so in the spirit of continuous improvement { tampering}, a bit more detail here and there will be added. 

In addition, I picked up various bits and bobs to detail the Radials when at Railwells so will I will finally get around to this............he says..........

In other news, most bits for Lambston are now in stock but I am holding off starting until the jobs on Mutton are sorted out. 

Then there is Bleat Wharf which requires some detail adding to ahead of it's shows which start in January.............

And then there are the new models lurking and if you are of a small loco persuasion, then there is much to tempt at present. 

A Peckett 0.6.0st awaits in my local emporium but I have held off picking it up as I am fearful it will send me off on an industrial tangent in the Radstock area.......Woolington Colliery exchange sidings anyone?

More pertinent is the Bachmann Midland 1P which really looks set to be an absolute corker and a must have, Darling. Could that lead to Eweington Road, junction for the Bleatwater branch?   

One eye also remains on the Model Rail E1 which seems to be a nice sort of chap to add to the Lambston branch roster as does the pending Terrier from Rails ( but is it really that superior to the Hornby jobbie?) The only one that appeals is the BR livery Isle of Wight bunker example which Hornby are bound to produce at some point. 

Of the existing types, the latest B4 variants are due and the K14 boiler looks a nice alternative to the existing versions. 

There are also multiple versions of Hornby's 0.4.0 Peckett looming. 

And what would happen if Hornby pulled a bang up to date 14xx out of the hat?.................Lambstock, that's what......

Oh and what about a the appearance of a Maunsell lined green Radial..?....A pre-war Lamb Regis ? 

So the Sheep Chronicles look set to continue for the forseeable future. 

A while ago I worried that the modelling was getting lost in the banter. I said as much and the thread stalled a tad. 

This was a mistake. 

The Sheep Chronicles is what we all make it and my heartfelt thanks to everyone who is part of the flock for the kind words and continuing contributions which keep us rattling on.

Norman has been quiet of late and I don't promise a flurry of photos but I understand he has been polishing his lens whilst availing himself of Molly's baps. I'm reliably informed that he has been consulting the maps and located a fine tea room in Lambston where a generous fry up is offered. He will no doubt be pointing 'Biggles', his Standard  Flying 12 in the general direction. He had thought of digging out Murray but came to the conclusion that the trip would be too much for the little chap. 

He could of course enlist Ivor Peterborough in these trips which would lead to some very spirited progress for NHY 581........but would undoubtedly result in Norman bagging a hatful of images......where ever that may be

PH001181-01.jpeg

30582 Lyme Regis branch service at Axminster Adams 0415 Class 4-4-2T-XL-01.jpeg

Wonderful stuff Rob and keep it up (said Molly).

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

52 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Not sure what the weekend holds but I would like to think that it will feature some modelling. 

Looking ahead, Mutton is at Taunton Rail - ex in October so in the spirit of continuous improvement { tampering}, a bit more detail here and there will be added. 

In addition, I picked up various bits and bobs to detail the Radials when at Railwells so will I will finally get around to this............he says..........

In other news, most bits for Lambston are now in stock but I am holding off starting until the jobs on Mutton are sorted out. 

Then there is Bleat Wharf which requires some detail adding to ahead of it's shows which start in January.............

And then there are the new models lurking and if you are of a small loco persuasion, then there is much to tempt at present. 

A Peckett 0.6.0st awaits in my local emporium but I have held off picking it up as I am fearful it will send me off on an industrial tangent in the Radstock area.......Woolington Colliery exchange sidings anyone?

More pertinent is the Bachmann Midland 1P which really looks set to be an absolute corker and a must have, Darling. Could that lead to Eweington Road, junction for the Bleatwater branch?   

One eye also remains on the Model Rail E1 which seems to be a nice sort of chap to add to the Lambston branch roster as does the pending Terrier from Rails ( but is it really that superior to the Hornby jobbie?) The only one that appeals is the BR livery Isle of Wight bunker example which Hornby are bound to produce at some point. 

Of the existing types, the latest B4 variants are due and the K14 boiler looks a nice alternative to the existing versions. 

There are also multiple versions of Hornby's 0.4.0 Peckett looming. 

And what would happen if Hornby pulled a bang up to date 14xx out of the hat?.................Lambstock, that's what......

Oh and what about a the appearance of a Maunsell lined green Radial..?....A pre-war Lamb Regis ? 

A while ago I worried that the modelling was getting lost in the banter. I said as much and the thread stalled a tad. 

This was a mistake. 

The Sheep Chronicles is what we all make it and my heartfelt thanks to everyone who is part of the flock for the kind words and continuing contributions which keep us rattling on.

Norman has been quiet of late and I don't promise a flurry of photos but I understand he has been polishing his lens whilst availing himself of Molly's baps. I'm reliably informed that he has been consulting the maps and located a fine tea room in Lambston where a generous fry up is offered. He will no doubt be pointing 'Biggles', his Standard  Flying 12 in the general direction. He had thought of digging out Murray but came to the conclusion that the trip would be too much for the little chap. 

He could of course enlist Ivor Peterborough in these trips which would lead to some very spirited progress for NHY 581........but would undoubtedly result in Norman bagging a hatful of images......where ever that may be

PH001181-01.jpeg

30582 Lyme Regis branch service at Axminster Adams 0415 Class 4-4-2T-XL-01.jpeg

Looks like you will be busy then. Hope you have deep pockets.

Living here temptation is quite easily avoided, no decent model shops for miles!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, mullie said:

Looks like you will be busy then. Hope you have deep pockets.

Living here temptation is quite easily avoided, no decent model shops for miles!

Hi Martyn. 

I do have deep pockets but short hooves so struggle to remove the readies at times...........

I try to adopt a frugal approach to the various projects. As an example, all the wagons are common to all the layouts as are any coaching stock. 

I have enough ballast, static grass, various flocks and ash for the ground cover in stock already along with the buildings for Lambston and Lamb Regis. 

My solution for the baseboards means that Lambston board was £25. Lamb Regis will be £50. These purchases will provide additional 2ft boards which could be combined to produce a small industrial layout if required. 

As an average, peco track, baseboard, wiring and backscene for something such as Bleat will come in well under £150. 

As you allude to, it's the locos that provide the expense, which is why I am a bit more careful about what I am looking to buy. 

It's the chuffing space for the layouts that's the problem...!!!!

Rob. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

This was a mistake. 

That came from the heart. It is a difficult task to keep a thread exactly where the OP wants it, and there are bound to be times when the spectators run away with things just when he least needs it. 

As for tiny locos, I have a ridiculous number of recent models just because they begged to be bought. We risk being like kids in the sweet-shop these days with the marvellous stuff now appearing. Your determination to find legitimate surroundings for each does you great credit!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Threads you start are like your children, and you have to let them go out into the wide and wicked world where all sorts of stuff you never intended happens to them.  As one of the worst offenders when it comes to drifting off topic and general subversion, I accept this, though admittedly not always joyfully!  But it is this very unfettered approach that makes the internet in general and this forum in particular such a living and developing organism; I love that!

I'd have made a hopeless parent...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I admire your ambitions and scope Rob. It's obvious you have the skills to proceed with at least some of your ideas. The fact you keep a tight reign on size and complexity must help with keeping things in progress and helps not get bogged down. I do understand the fact that keeping an eye on this kind of meandering thread is also a drain on your time but as long as you tolerate us waffling I'm enjoying the journey immensely!

• Like 2

Sounds like you have some exciting plans ahead, Rob -- I must say I was intrigued by the mention of Eweington Junction in the BRM article on Bleat Wharf. Looking forward to seeing it all develop, and as for inspiration well it doesn't get much better than those two radial pics above.

Adam

Edited by Calidore

9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning, Adam. 

I have always had a soft spot for Edington. It's the simplicity that makes it so appealing. The 'mainline' would feature various 3F/4F jobbie along with the occasional 2P. 

The branch would run with the 1P along with an occasional 3F. 

I have to say that a S&DJR 'passenger' layout is perhaps overdue, having produced two goods only examples. 

Mmmmmmm..............

Rob. 

image.jpeg.20faa22150ff04ffeef16467ceb8a98c-01.jpeg

I do like your thinking here young Rob, nice pic too.:good:

• Like 1