28 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Attention sheep lovers and People of Wales! (not necessarily in that order).

Are you aware of this new book on the industrial railways of Wales? - https://www.amberley-books.com/industrial-locomotives-railways-of-wales-9781445649443.html

Looks rather good and available from today!

A rather odd omission from the book is the Merioneth and Llantisilly Railway Traction Company.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Are you aware of this new book on the industrial railways of Wales? - https://www.amberley-books.com/industrial-locomotives-railways-of-wales-9781445649443.html

I have ordered this back in March. Looks the part and Gordon Edgar 's photos are splendid. Eagerly awaited. 

I can also recommend, unreservedly, Visions of Steam by Cavalier and Silcock. Seek it out. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

What to do with a football pitch when fixtures are cancelled. Saw this and though of ewe.

Only the back half of these sheep has been sheared perhaps it means if they turn into the wind they can stay warmer?

IMG_20200415_140059269.jpg.20da043023cd8ea42baeb719c5a1095f.jpg

IMG_20200415_140053604.jpg.1507117739ca63021f14bedff74c03d9.jpg

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, mullie said:

Only the back half of these sheep has been sheared perhaps it means if they turn into the wind they can stay warmer?

Something to do with the wellington boot interface, no doubt. 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, mullie said:

What to do with a football pitch when fixtures are cancelled. Saw this and though of ewe.

A new meaning to woolly jumpers for goalposts.:D

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

22 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Thaxted.

Bless you.

Once famous for cutlery then weaving so still a sheep connection as you don't get wool from a pig or a cow! Also has connections with revolting peasants.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

They look beautiful. Why on earth would anyone want to weather such pretty locos? 

Well...............I've to agree. I think the J15 is one of  Hornby's finest. The level of detail is arguably all you could want in a mass produced model. It really is very good. Yes the fit of the cab roof leaves a bit to be decided and there are bits missing such as the tarp rail on the tender. But these really are rather good. Heavy locos and with twin fly wheels means that even straight from the box they are not too bad at all. With some running in they should be even better. 477 is a tad noisy but hopefully will get quieter once run in. 

Now...with sympathetic weathering the detail should be emphasised and attention drawn to it. A light touch is the order of the day. These two will form the motive power for Lambton D'Arcy which will not be the rush that certainly Sheep Dip is proving to be. 

469 will be grubby but well presented and showing evidence of cleaning.  477 less so and will be more work stained.  

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

477 less so and will be more work stained. 

A bit like this, maybe?

Hornby J15 65356

I had a plan, some time ago, to build a small layout depicting stuff from the east, purely to employ this little beauty, bought on a whim. It ran beautifully and probably still does, if its new owner runs it. The layout never materialised. Sorry to hijack your thread, but I just couldn't resist. Just this once. Honest.

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

A bit like this, maybe?

Hornby J15 65356

I had a plan, some time ago, to build a small layout depicting stuff from the east, purely to employ this little beauty, bought on a whim. It ran beautifully and probably still does, if its new owner runs it. The layout never materialised. Sorry to hijack your thread, but I just couldn't resist. Just this once. Honest.

That is lovely, Mick and feel free to hijack away. That's just the look I'm after for 477. If it turns out anything like that I will be very pleased. 

Thanks for posting. 

Rob. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I have ordered this back in March. Looks the part and Gordon Edgar 's photos are splendid. Eagerly awaited. 

I can also recommend, unreservedly, Visions of Steam by Cavalier and Silcock. Seek it out. 

Rob. 

By way of an update, Mr Amazon tells me my copy has been dispatched and will arrive tomorrow. £12.67 with free P&P. 

Ron.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Needs more footpaths.

For example, though the in last picture above the van hides them, the steps to the loading platform would have a muddy patch at the bottom and a groove worn in the grass leading away.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

37 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Needs more footpaths.

For example, though the in last picture above the van hides them, the steps to the loading platform would have a muddy patch at the bottom and a groove worn in the grass leading away.

Not necessarily Stu .....

stilts.jpg.8fca52d6e95aa9f53c371b48b69a6d4e.jpg

S.Tilt

( Sorry Rob )

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

A couple of birdie eye views of Sheep Dip this morning. A bit of more work carried out on the groundwork yesterday. 

My apologies for any stray static grass fibres.......there are a few at present. 

Rob. 

20200416_072721-01.jpeg

20200416_072952-01.jpeg

There's always something about a layout photograph taken in natural light that pleases me, these being two.

G

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, bgman said:

Not necessarily Stu .....

stilts.jpg.8fca52d6e95aa9f53c371b48b69a6d4e.jpg

S.Tilt

( Sorry Rob )

Got it! You're fourth from the left. 

• Agree 1