• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

There seems to be a mob of Panniers forming southwest of Shrewsbury.

IMG_20201226_232227.jpg.11084f90535f13f4f0154c7ee1f7debd.jpg

That many clumsy panniers looks like at accident waiting to happen. Hope there's not a steep drop nearby.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, bgman said:

May I refer the disillusioned Mr. Spams and his fuzzy haired "mate" to the well know Taunton Virus which took hold in 2018 and was welcomed by two gentlemen, and many others on Pencarrot Stn. during its stay for the afternoon, neither of whom have reported any ill affects to their general and mental well being in the interim period. 

DSCF8077.jpg.cf2513f7d9a3a5dbabe24d4462808811.jpg

Dear Gbloke, you'll notice that the two esteemed gentlemen in the photo have their backs turned so as not to be offended. Was a close escape I understand...

There is more than one type of Pannier so I'm guessing there's a Market for them all over the South West !

Barnstaple_Pannier_Market_1907.jpg.3f25279c89cffdddef5f2a0b2e5fe7ea.jpg

A.Trader

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I have just taken delivery of another pannier, a late crest 8750. 

First impressions. Looks as new with no obvious signs of wear. Runningwise, limp going forwards. Bag of spanners in reverse.................

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

First impressions. Looks as new with no obvious signs of wear. Runningwise, limp going forwards. Bag of spanners in reverse.................

Oh no.

Is this an auction house purchase or from a bona fide retailer?

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Regrettably they do tend to vary somewhat performance wise although I don't think thay are alone in that respect.  My trio of Kernow (out of DJM) 1361 saddled tanks also vary somewhat.  One's like a Rolls Royce - smooth and quiet and runs beautifully while the worst is somewhat skittish and noisy going one direction and only a bit better heading the opposite way.  The third is partway between the two extremes.  Fortunately the black one is the best one and I wonder if it runs that much better because it arrived by air instead of coming. the long way round on a container ship?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh no.

Is this an auction house purchase or from a bona fide retailer?

Afternoon CK.

Technically, both. 

The response from the retailer, Rails, is send it back if not happy. 

I shall give it a good run in both directions and take it from there. 

• Friendly/supportive 7

3 hours ago, JustinDean said:

Someone’s been buffing their dome. 

1st prize for cleanest loco on RM Web. 

It ought to be clean, it's new old stock straight out of the box, oddly enough, it performs faultlessly in both directions despite being fifty years old.

Modern manufacturers please take note...

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Afternoon CK.

Technically, both. 

The response from the retailer, Rails, is send it back if not happy. 

I shall give it a good run in both directions and take it from there. 

Well, much running, adjusting of picks ups, chassis keeper plate and general cleaning and lubricating has failed to improve things. 

So regretably back it goes. A shame because like the prairie it is a lovely looking loco. 

It's almost as if someone is trying to dissuade me from modelling the Western Region...................

Edited by NHY 581
  • Friendly/supportive 9

1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Well, much running, adjusting of picks ups, chassis keeper plate and general cleaning and lubricating has failed to improve things. 

So regretably back it goes. A shame because like the prairie it is a lovely looking loco. 

It's almost as if someone is trying yo dissuade me from modelling the Western Region...................

Well, it probably won't help if they spontaneously fall down embankment like that one earlier.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, TrainMan2001 said:

Well, it probably won't help if they spontaneously fall down embankment like that one earlier.

I would venture that there was little by way of spontaneity in that little incident.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

It's almost as if someone is trying yo dissuade me from modelling the Western Region...................

This really is a great shame Rob, it must be dampening your enthusiasm, I know it would me.

Al.