• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Well, a quick trip to the train shop yielded a large radius Y point. Much comparison was made of the small radius jobbie, mindful of  John's observations but as per his thoughts it did indeed look too stunted. Not right. Therefore I opted to try the large radius as suggested by Paul. 

This is the result with the long 'back' siding tweaked as suggested by Sibbers. 

I think with minimal wiggling we are now there.........   

Thanks to all for their comments thus far. 

Rob. 

20210806_135529-02.jpeg

Right then, get it nailed down. The authorities won't mind about it being your dining room table.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 2ManySpams said:

Right then, get it nailed down. The authorities won't mind about it being your dining room table.

I also have a new shelf for the Room of Doom.........

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Otherwise, I agree with everything that my learned colleagues have said.

I'm sure I've previously mentioned my learned thoughts on Pannier Tanks. Glad you've seen the light and now agree.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see the EM Gauge Society getting out and about. 

Note the use of shoulder straps to illustrate the wider gauge of which they are so fond. 

'This far apart !!!'

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Like 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

I have a similar loop length issue on Trelothen.

4 x 10ft wagons fit, just, but 3 x 10ft and a Toad don't. 

So that length train will need some nifty shunting ;)

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

I have a similar loop length issue on Threlothen.

4 x 10ft wagons fit, just, but 3 x 10ft and a Toad don't. 

So that length train will need some nifty shunting ;)

It's not a bad thing to have a touch of awkwardness about the layout. Gets one thinking. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Going back to the subject of clearances, I'll take my time and check all the stock. 

There is a bit of a faux pas on Sheep Dip which was......ahem....cough......missed.......

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

I'm sure I've previously mentioned my learned thoughts on Pannier Tanks. Glad you've seen the light and now agree

At no time am I in a position to confirm or deny that you may or may not be erroneous in your way of thinking or not thinking at any time in the past, present or future banana.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

What do you mean 'getting'. We passed that point so long ago I've forgotten when we left the true pathway to enlightenment.

Admittedly we are looking at strange in the rear view mirror, but in my defense I was trying to be tolerant of other people's idiosyncrasies for a change. :D

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Admittedly we are looking at strange in the rear view mirror, but in my defense I was trying to be tolerant of other people's idiosyncrasies for a change. :D

Ifiosocashrs......indosyncarcs.. you mean quirks don't you!

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Well, a quick trip to the train shop yielded a large radius Y point. Much comparison was made of the small radius jobbie, mindful of  John's observations but as per his thoughts it did indeed look too stunted. Not right. Therefore I opted to try the large radius as suggested by Paul. 

This is the result with the long 'back' siding tweaked as suggested by Sibbers. 

I think with minimal wiggling we are now there.........   

Thanks to all for their comments thus far. 

Rob. 

20210806_135529-02.jpeg

By George, I think he's got it!

That long continuous curve sweeping across the 'back'/front of the layout will look lovely.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Excellent work on the track plan Sheepy, those small tweaks improve the overall look immensely. I have some spare 6 inch nails if you need them to nail it down.

Morning  Sibbers. 

Thank you. 

I shall give you a shout when I run out. 

Rob. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Interesting to note, a reminder tells me that I would have been at ExmoorRail in Minehead this morning with Bleat Wharf. 

Probably just arriving after a journey over the bridge and down the M5, progress being made 'in the spirit' of the Road Traffic Act. 

That prompts me to add suitable 'shackle' points to the enclosure for this little layout, prompted by one or two 'near misses'. 

A notable was the approach and subsequent exit from a hump back bridge in Staffordshire involving Mutton. In addition the spirited run between Bridgewater and Minehead, again involving Mutton was invigorating. 

It remains to be seen how the exhibition circuit kicks off again but Bleat is scheduled to be at RailEx Taunton this October. 

Still to be resolved is the question of our Small Cardiff Show in January but I have agreed to take something to a embryo show at Penarth in February. 

Transport wise, I may look to build a cradle for the Naughty Corsa for when this is pressed into service for transport duties.

Mutton and it's supporting kit took up all available space requiring the removal of all the seats bar drivers seat. This led to much amusement on my arrival and subsequent unloading at Taunton RailEx in 2019. 

Good stuff. 

Rob. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

It remains to be seen how the exhibition circuit kicks off again but Bleat is scheduled to be at RailEx Taunton this October. 

Thanks for inadvertently reminding me of the dates of RailEx Taunton this year.

A four hour drive but seems to be the first big major show since lockdown so worth the visit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1