• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I did wonder why York and knowing even less about the rest of the Eastern Region than I do about East Anglia, I was going to look into it

Sheepers, me old Mukker From Way Back When, if you're really going to go all 'LNER' on us, you might as well seek out one of the few Captain Kernow-approved loco types, such as this little number - ideal for gentle shunting - https://www.google.com/search?q=lner+y8+locomotive&sxsrf=ALeKk00YWZX4_zkKeNswWtbBdseBjlEteQ:1628673239582&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjRqZnP0KjyAhUS6aQKHSPNBV0Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1440&bih=757

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Sheepers, me old Mukker From Way Back When, if you're really going to go all 'LNER' on us, you might as well seek out one of the few Captain Kernow-approved loco types, such as this little number - ideal for gentle shunting - https://www.google.com/search?q=lner+y8+locomotive&sxsrf=ALeKk00YWZX4_zkKeNswWtbBdseBjlEteQ:1628673239582&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjRqZnP0KjyAhUS6aQKHSPNBV0Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1440&bih=757

Aw, innit cute...

Al.

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Morning CK. 

Very sweet but not as nice as a P class. 

Come to think of it, the Midland/LM&SR had some yummy 0.4.0s. 

The Johnson 0.4.0 st as done by K's

The Kirtley (?) as seen on Cromford &High Peak. 

But this is my favourite. 

https://rogerfarnworth.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/high-orchard-branch-line-gloucester-1-e1590331350499.jpg

Rob

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning CK. 

Very sweet but not as nice as a P class. 

Come to think of it, the Midland/LM&SR had some yummy 0.4.0s. 

The Johnson 0.4.0 st as done by K's

The Kirtley (?) as seen on Cromford &High Peak. 

But this is my favourite. 

https://rogerfarnworth.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/high-orchard-branch-line-gloucester-1-e1590331350499.jpg

Rob

Kitson 0-4-0 used on the C&HPR…and briefly a Deeley 0-4-0 when the Kitson had a derailment.  

Jay

• Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Kitson 0-4-0 used on the C&HPR…and briefly a Deeley 0-4-0 when the Kitson had a derailment.  

Jay

Interesting - the motive power on the C&HPR becomes more varied than I’d realised!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Much more fun when it still had its condensing gear -

scan0003.jpg.128444c7882ee7e28640d1901478c97c.jpg

Those London Transport panniers get everywhere ! 

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I’m guessing you mean the Kitson 0-4-0 saddle tanks, Nos 47000 and 47007?

Lovely little locos.

4 hours ago, JustinDean said:

Jay

Thanks both. 

Yes, Kitson. Why I thought Kirtley is anyone's guess. On a positive both begin with K.......

Its the Deeley jobbie at Gloucester Docks. 

Rob. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 07/08/2021 at 08:49, NHY 581 said:

A notable was the approach and subsequent exit from a hump back bridge in Staffordshire involving Mutton. 

We spend all this time protecting the ends of layouts and then Rob reveals a penchant for rallying and needing to pad out the vertical aspect of the charabanc 

492AE359-118C-45FB-B864-364C97D12AA2.jpeg.f43cd858bb96635d5a69d31ba88877a4.jpeg

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Risky...

Rest assured, it won't catch on........

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Looks a very interesting and varied consist - any idea about date Mike?

I thought possibly Edwardian era although after delving through several albums I eventually found my 'LPTB and Minor Railways' album and the card  - which is all too obviously 'pu' (= Postally used)  - was posted in Forest Gate :scratchhead: in 1905 so the photo will be at least a bit older.   Another, 'mint', card I have is a well known view of Mumbles Pier and it has similar vehicles visible at the railway's terminus and somebody wrote on the back - over 100 years ago judging by the writing.  'July 1913.

So I presume various of those sorts of vehicles came to the railway between its conversion to steam power in the 1870s and the electrification in 1928 although the four wheelers might even date back to the horse drawn era.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3