With apologies to Rob for continuing this off topic Mumbles Railway strand, my wife's 99 year old aunt passed away recently, and 'er indoors brought home a couple of books that she thought I might like - one of which is 'Rocking Rolling Riding - A pictorial tribute to the Mumbles Railway' by David Beynon, Bryngold Books 2007, ISBN 978-1-905900-01-5.

Given the age of the pics, they aren't digital quality, but there are some fascinating pictures from the start with the horse drawn carriages, through steam from 1878 to 1929, then the electric trams till the end in 1960. The changes in infrastructure to today are also fascinating to see.

What a tourism asset it would be today had it survived....

Keith

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't expect anything to be planned exactly. Rob no doubt has in mind the mood/atmosphere he wishes to create and as it evolves what exactly goes where will come into focus.

Don

• Agree 1

I really like the shot taken from the fiddle yard end. What I am seeing is those black and white panoramas taken of run down goods yards a year or two before it was all swept away.

Keep up the good work Rob, it's gathering apace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, LBSC123 said:

Looking good, what exactly is planned for the area of water at the front? 

Morning Will. Other than for there to be water,  nothing more than that is planned. The one thing I do know is that it won't be 'formal', meaning that it won't be a wharf or quayside. 

10 hours ago, Donw said:

I wouldn't expect anything to be planned exactly. Rob no doubt has in mind the mood/atmosphere he wishes to create and as it evolves what exactly goes where will come into focus.

Don

Spot on. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

The grotty old hut should be given Indefinite Leave to block the view. It's good to have interesting view points, where trains can disappear and re-appear behind buildings, trees, large shrubs and ice creams.

Morning CK. 

I'm warming to the idea of having the hut there. Mindful that it will occupy a prominent position as you would probably expect, the building will benefit from Further Anti-Restoration Treatment { F.A.R.T } to acquire a modicum of additional distressing. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

The grotty old hut should be given Indefinite Leave to block the view. It's good to have interesting view points, where trains can disappear and re-appear behind buildings, trees, large shrubs and ice creams.

27 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning CK. 

I'm warming to the idea of having the hut there. Mindful that it will occupy a prominent position as you would probably expect, the building will benefit from Further Anti-Restoration Treatment { F.A.R.T } to acquire a modicum of additional distressing. 

Rob. 

Yes, but perhaps not slap-bang in the middle like that. A little to the left, to balance the agglomeration of buildings on the right?

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning CK. 

Rob. 

Hi Rob,

I wish I could F.A.R.T like you do

Steve

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

That little hut at the front, on the water's edge, needs a small, rickety jetty and an old bloke sat fishing.

Are you free ? 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

I urge caution Stu ....... first think how many pasties you can't eat, if you are to

fit on Rob's jetty, no matter who actually makes it.

TONY

Surprisingly, I don't eat pasties - just find them mostly pepper...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

When I was young there was a project known initially as FART = "Fully Automatic Railway Train", till officialdom decreed that it would become FACT = "Fully Automatically Controlled Train"!! - We made it work, but the HR issues defeated its implementation at the time.

Regards

Chris H

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

The first loco has turned a wheel on Project X. 

Access all areas. 

Update follow. Wine then bed. 

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 7

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

This is the current state of play. 

I took the liberty of removing the screw holes from the image and tweaked it slightly due to pretty poor light, hence the less than satisfactory image. 

But you get the picture. 

20210813_193715-01.jpeg.999149c80a6f4a0faff2a76326dbf8b3.jpeg

Even at this point Project X is quite visually satisfying Rob. 
Having not been around on here for a previous build I’m curious how you operate points when they’re mounted on an IKEA shelf?

Jay