Osbourn's Models Bideford

Graham Walters

I've also had a similar problem with an unfulfilled order.  That was placed (and acknowledged  by them) 28 June.  It was for products showing as available on their web site. Obviously in the current circumstances I don't  expect there will necessarily be a quick response, and model railway equipment is hardly an urgent item at the moment.  However, I have phoned, got answerphone message saying to e-mail, and then no response to my e-mails.

No money has been taken by the shop so I'll just leave this and see what happens.  However, if a business is unable to respond to placed order enquiries  after a month, they are obviously having serious problems, even in the current situation.

• Agree 2

I've had a similar experience. My impressions is that Osborn's are selling online without a reliable real-time stock system, so allowing orders for items that aren't in stock - a recipe for extra workload on staff and disappointed customers. 

Edited by dpgibbons
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Let's hope they get themselves sorted out fairly soon.  I've always had good service from them in the past,  and one does feel obliged to sympathise with small traders whose methods have been completely upset by Covid.

auldreekie 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, auldreekie said:

Let's hope they get themselves sorted out fairly soon.  I've always had good service from them in the past,  and one does feel obliged to sympathise with small traders whose methods have been completely upset by Covid.

auldreekie 

Unfortunately this is a situation that has been going for several years. Complaints about their website, non delivery and poor / non existent communication pop on with alarming regularity on a variety of sites. It's not a Covid thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Kris said:

Unfortunately this is a situation that has been going for several years. Complaints about their website, non delivery and poor / non existent communication pop on with alarming regularity on a variety of sites. It's not a Covid thing.

Agreed. They're been very poor for years. Never again is all I'm saying...

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I have placed an order on June 29th. The money was paid by Paypal the same day. Until now I haven't received the goods, and got no replies. I have send them an email about a week ago and on last thursday, but have received no reply. The Item I've ordered were shown as in stock at the time of ordering.

Markus

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Similar story unfortunately, I ordered July 25th had email saying order confirmed (but stock isn't) and money taken from PayPal and have heard nothing since. been trying to ring most days but goes to answer phone and have emailed but just get the auto response back. very frustrating experience and coming up on three weeks since the order it would just be nice for an update. 

Pete

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wish I had read this, before ordering over £70 worth of items at the beginning of September. After 14 days I emailed as not heard or received anything. Did get a reply saying chasing PECO. Interesting that everything I ordered is showing in stock, no mention of back orders. Will give them a further 7 days,then if still nothing, will be contacting my Credit Card.

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Bewdley3 said:

I wish I had read this, before ordering over £70 worth of items at the beginning of September. After 14 days I emailed as not heard or received anything. Did get a reply saying chasing PECO. Interesting that everything I ordered is showing in stock, no mention of back orders. Will give them a further 7 days,then if still nothing, will be contacting my Credit Card.

You did well getting an e-mail in response!

• Agree 1

Friday 18th,Tried ringing them:telephone: after 10am as per website. You just get a message telling you,that they are NOT taking phone calls,but to email. Also they are still taking orders. Emailed again asking for a reply by close of business or would cancel order. That worked within 10 mins got a reply saying which items they were waiting for & offering  to send what they had & the rest when in stock Free postage. Result:)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, Bewdley3 said:

Friday 18th,Tried ringing them:telephone: after 10am as per website. You just get a message telling you,that they are NOT taking phone calls,but to email. Also they are still taking orders. Emailed again asking for a reply by close of business or would cancel order. That worked within 10 mins got a reply saying which items they were waiting for & offering  to send what they had & the rest when in stock Free postage. Result:)

Michael was true to his word. The instock items arrived this morning with Postie.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My impression is that they do not have a real-time stock system, which leads to orders being taken for items that are out of stock and to all the grief that follows, both for customers and themselves.

These days even the smallest online retailers get this right, so I wonder why they have not fixed it before now. 

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, dpgibbons said:

My impression is that they do not have a real-time stock system, which leads to orders being taken for items that are out of stock and to all the grief that follows, both for customers and themselves.

These days even the smallest online retailers get this right, so I wonder why they have not fixed it before now. 

What difference does this make, having a so-called real time stock system?

If the item's not in stock at the time of ordering, put it on a back order so that when it comes into stock it is sent out and the payment taken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BokStein said:

If the item's not in stock at the time of ordering, put it on a back order so that when it comes into stock it is sent out and the payment taken.

A real time stock system won't allow sale and payment for an item not in stock. Which avoids your staff spending much time investigating stock-outs, communicating with irritated customers (or not) and manually refunding payments.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BokStein said:

Doesn't really work that well for all the retailers that still allow you to try and order items long since sold out at the manufacturers.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Kaput said:

Doesn't really work that well for all the retailers that still allow you to try and order items long since sold out at the manufacturers.

But many retailers have stock that has sold out at the manufacturers.