SWAG 2015

Donw

• RMweb Gold

As the new year fades away it will soon be time for the good Captain to be unable to confirm or deny whether there will be a SWAG meet this year. And unable to confirm or deny whether it would be at Staplegrove. Moreover any suggestion of a date may be little more than a distant rumour. The garnering of Pasties maybe the sole indication.

Don

• RMweb Gold

All in good time, mi 'andsomes, all in good time. Behind the scenes stuff is taking place and a proper job type formal thread will be put up in due course.

There is a date, however, there is a date...

Oh, sorry, did you want me to actually tell you what the date was?

• RMweb Gold

If you lot keep trying it on in this culinary way, all the menu will feature will be jellied eels!

(the pasties will be kept 'out back' for the Captain and Senior Occifers)...

I was going to disagree, then I realised as Honorary (Press Ganged) Modulemeister I obviously must be a senior occifer - so I agree. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

I was going to disagree, then I realised as Honorary (Press Ganged) Modulemeister I obviously must be a senior occifer - so I agree. :jester:

Quite right too, Mr Stationmaster.

Come to think of it, I was going to ask you for your Report at some stage... ;)  :D

• RMweb Gold

Forgive my nuisance, but is that the Culmination of Knowledge, otherwise a certain not-to-be-named Professor of Orifices? :scratchhead:

:jester:

I have no information on this, so I cannot confirm nor deny what may or may not be the case, although I'd try a tomato sausage or 17, should the good Mickey decide to come on down with a bagful of these intriguing-sounding items.

• RMweb Gold

Not had tomato sausages for years -  unfortunately!

SWMBO is Sheffield born and bred and introduced me to this delicacy a long, long time ago. 

In my mind the best fish cakes can be had in Sheffield, they are fish (not minced), between two slices of potato and battered - Tha' cant beat a good un :-).   Unfortunately, they don't travel, but tripe does xD

Cheers,

Aidan

Mushy Peas and Gravy is better!!!! on chips, that is!

• RMweb Gold

Quite right too, Mr Stationmaster.

Come to think of it, I was going to ask you for your Report at some stage... ;)  :D

:scratchhead: :scratchhead:

However I beg to report sir that I have recruited an extra module making duo (of superb pedigree and with exhibition layouts already to their credit :sungum: ) and that almost all previous members (except him with the foam fiddle yard) re-swore their oaths of allegiance during our impromptu meeting at the Ricoh.  The one who wasn't at the Ricoh has already confirmed his continued involvement and I shall shortly be circularising 'Equippe Module' to gather together our efforts for this year.

You are sir assured of our continued attention (without a foam fiddle yard)

• RMweb Premium

the original standards we are working to.

All pasties shall be signalled as out of gauge loads and shall require the opposite track to also be blocked during their movement.

No pasty shall be shunted around reverse-curves

No pasty shall be loose-shunted at any time for any reason whatsoever

All pasties are only to be conveyed on PASTROL wagons with barrier wagons at each end conveying additional seasoning and sauce in case of urgent need.

Pasty movements are only to be authorised by and remain under the control of CK at all times

• RMweb Gold

Will Andy Y be doing another wiring demonstration this year? I found last year's very entertaining and informative ;)

That task has gone to a volunteer elsewhere within the modular layout team this year.  However despite the results last year I think it at least showed us a way forward for the future ......  :jester:

:scratchhead: :scratchhead:

However I beg to report sir that I have recruited an extra module making duo (of superb pedigree and with exhibition layouts already to their credit :sungum:

Blimey, we better get on with it then! DAD......

Looking forward to another excellent event!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

That task has gone to a volunteer elsewhere within the modular layout team this year.  However despite the results last year I think it at least showed us a way forward for the future ......  :jester:

The Spaghetti Monster has been recruited?????

Archived