SWAG 2015

Donw

Possibly....  To quote our illustrious leader, I can neither confirm nor deny said occurrence  ;). However, all Cornish folk will tell you that pasties are not eaten with gravy poured over them :butcher: .

Yes KC can be evasive sometimes.

Nip down the Tarka Line and you might find some clotted cream on mine !!! :)

Surely trains hauled around the SWAG modules on the day should haul something suitable for the occasion that would make a nice keepsake and commemorate the day.

Something like this perhaps, offered very much in a spirit of tongue in cheek:
post-1819-0-57332600-1422656297.jpg

Too bad a commissioned wagon would be out of scope but I wonder how much effort is involved in developing custom transfers that could be applied to a simple box van - and not to much trouble to paint into colours people prefer.

The source file for the concept above is of course the handy Bachmann Branch-Line 38-084 SR 12 Ton Southern 2+2 Planked Ventilated Van with small logo.

Or maybe this ?

Ok, so it's not British and it may not appeal to all but the essence of a Fremo style layout at SWAG of this calibre is maybe something for us to aspire to and, if you listen to the banter in general .........they're all having a good time and lots of laughter ! Now you can't knock that :)

• RMweb Gold

Or maybe this ?

Ok, so it's not British and it may not appeal to all but the essence of a Fremo style layout at SWAG of this calibre is maybe something for us to aspire to and, if you listen to the banter in general .........they're all having a good time and lots of laughter ! Now you can't knock that :)

You get 'em to come over and not ask for expenses, Grahame, then I'll give it some thought!!  ;)

In the meantime, there'll be some good modelling and no doubt lots of fun in the small hall again with the modular set-up, once more presided over by Mr Stationmaster...

• RMweb Gold

Or maybe this ?

Actually really good stuff, and certainly floats my boat (having seen P87 Fremo in action in Holland a couple of times in recent years, too).

However, that bit of video is a good advert for the merits of having a portable backscene (or Brian Harrap) for the filming (I think every shot had people moving in the background?), plus perhaps some sound - or even music - dubbing. The modelling was superb.

You get 'em to come over and not ask for expenses, Grahame, then I'll give it some thought!! ;)

In the meantime, there'll be some good modelling and no doubt lots of fun in the small hall again with the modular set-up, once more presided over by Mr Stationmaster...

Oh I wish Tim, even in N or Z I don't think it'd fit into the hall (sadly). It was purely food for thought ( please, please don't bring up sausages ha ha!) and to hopefully encourage the members of this illustrious parish and The Stationmaster ( not that he needs much encouragement I'm sure) to provide a module for the 'intimate room' in which they display their models.

I wholly accept this FREMO business can be a logistical nightmare but it does get my juices flowing.

As an aside, I fully expect to be there but as you well know my transport is now only by rail, which slightly inhibits the days timings, however, if I can help in any small way please ask.

Grahame

• RMweb Gold

Oh I wish Tim, even in N or Z I don't think it'd fit into the hall (sadly). It was purely food for thought ( please, please don't bring up sausages ha ha!) and to hopefully encourage the members of this illustrious parish and The Stationmaster ( not that he needs much encouragement I'm sure) to provide a module for the 'intimate room' in which they display their models.

I wholly accept this FREMO business can be a logistical nightmare but it does get my juices flowing.

As an aside, I fully expect to be there but as you well know my transport is now only by rail, which slightly inhibits the days timings, however, if I can help in any small way please ask.

Grahame

Provide 'a module' - my dear fellah we provide a modular layout (sort of) with various totally different scenes and some extremely excellent modelling on many of them (I don't count mine in that as it is a very unusual module being mainly in tunnel but it has got a not very puzzling shunting puzzle on top).  Alas for those with thoughts of Freemo things we only achieve a simple 'U' shape as we do have to make room for the punters fellow RMweb members who come along to look at us in sheer amazement and watch our efforts to run trains from fiddle yard to fiddle yard round the U bend.

(see also my comment in the SWAG gourmet thread about making more room for those who happen to consume both pie and pasty ;)  )

Provide 'a module' - my dear fellah we provide a modular layout (sort of) with various totally different scenes and some extremely excellent modelling on many of them (I don't count mine in that as it is a very unusual module being mainly in tunnel but it has got a not very puzzling shunting puzzle on top).  Alas for those with thoughts of Freemo things we only achieve a simple 'U' shape as we do have to make room for the punters fellow RMweb members who come along to look at us in sheer amazement and watch our efforts to run trains from fiddle yard to fiddle yard round the U bend.

(see also my comment in the SWAG gourmet thread about making more room for those who happen to consume both pie and pasty ;)  )

Totally agree Mike, it's always an enjoyable event and to see the effort which goes into the modules only serves to make me more enthusiastic with thoughts running through my head on the journey home :)

• RMweb Gold

Not flushed with success then, a job for Stubby me thinks.

Alas, I am not able to attend this year (but if any of you happen to be in Helston on the Saturday prior, please come & see Shepherds & Treamble ), but I have no doubt the fare will be exemplary, the atmosphere convivial and the modular layout will have two working fiddle yards, either side of the enlarged U-Bend. 

• RMweb Premium

Alas, I am not able to attend this year ........two working fiddle yards, either side of the enlarged U-Bend. 

Fear ye not Stu.  The functional porcelain jokes will be on me this year.  

• RMweb Gold

The great thing about this exhibition, we get our priorities right, pies, pasties and cakes sorted before we are told about the modelling that will be on show!

Modelling?  You don't mean JA is attending by any chance?  In fact judging by her popularity on certain threads of a West of England nature perhaps she could be invited along to officially open proceedings? :mail:

• RMweb Gold

There is obviously a glitch in the Matrix. No Stu at Taunton this year? Unthinkable.

Perhaps we should see if some clever scientist can arrange for Stu to attend holographically, projecting his image from Helston up to Taunton, and perhaps materialising in the Gentleman's Lavatory, where his image can hector those who have forgotten to wash their hands before leaving...

• RMweb Gold

Where's that 'Disagree' button when you need it !?!

Don't believe him, folks, there are plenty of open toilets, er, I mean not closed toilets in Cornwall, some are even signposted.

There are at least 3 sets in Truro, a city of 16,000 residents ( + double that in visitors) - that's more than enough...

Archived