The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2015

BRMExhibitions

Looks like a pretty decent list of layouts to me - Not all of them appeal to my taste but i'm sure most people will find a reasonable number that they like.

I think it's pretty good value too. Very much so in relation to other activities but also in comparison to a lot of model railway shows.

Just on the subject of costs : a "restricted view" ticket for Love's Labours Lost at the Royal Shakespeare Company Stratford currently costs £19. A seat with unrestricted view costs £45-60. That's for a two and a half hour play . A sandwich, a cup of tea and a slice of cake in the café costs £9.90

Meanwhile Ally Pally show costs £12 for a 7 hour day. Car-parking is free - which makes it substantially cheaper than Warley

Just on the subject of costs : a "restricted view" ticket for Love's Labours Lost at the Royal Shakespeare Company Stratford currently costs £19. A seat with unrestricted view costs £45-60. That's for a two and a half hour play . A sandwich, a cup of tea and a slice of cake in the café costs £9.90

Meanwhile Ally Pally show costs £12 for a 7 hour day. Car-parking is free - which makes it substantially cheaper than Warley

Keep it in perpective for Warley though.

Park at Tile Hill station for free. Very cheap return ticket (cheaper with Railcard) to Birmingham International station. MUCH cheaper than NEC parking.

Stewart

• Administrators

I am pleased to announce that we'll be offering one of our best ever subscription offers at this year's London Festival of Railway Modelling. If you subscribe to BRM at the show, you'll get a FREE RotaCraft Mini Rotary Tool Kit + 400 piece Accessory Set, a gift worth over £64!

The subscription is just £12.49 a quarter by direct debit and we'll need to take the first DD payment at the show.

It's a bulky gift, so you can subscribe and then leave the gift behind the BRM stand to collect later. We expect this offer to be really popular, so if it's of interest please visit the BRM stand as soon as you get to the show. We'll be taking a set number and once they gone, they gone!

post-14186-0-57643200-1426500194_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

If anyone on here definitely wants to subscribe and doesn't want to risk missing out, message me direct and I'll put one aside. Unfortunately, due to high postage costs this is a show-only offer (unless you're willing to pay £7 postage!).

• Administrators

Is it me? Is anyone else having problems buying tickets online?

Michael

Hi Michael,

If you're having issues, please email me your phone number and I'll get someone to sort ASAP.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Michael,

If you're having issues, please email me your phone number and I'll get someone to sort ASAP.

Thanks,

Steve

It was a problem for me yesterday.

Get to the last screen and no 'purchase' button, or watever it says.

Started all over again twice and finally got one.

Dave

Just gone over the list of layouts attending and noted a couple of the usual suspects from here also attending, so I shall make the effort and go up on Saturday for the usual mooch and catch up with familiar faces. Unfortunately this year I won't be filling the trader's pockets due to needing to spend the accumulated modelling fund on my 7&1/4" loco.

• RMweb Premium

Arrived today at Abbey Wood campsite, just east of Woolwich. Good news, have been able to extend stay until Sunday morning. So

I will be able to get to Ally Pally on Saturday - yippee!

Getting there will be a challenge as no trains at Abbey Wood due to engineering work, but I'll find a way.

• RMweb Premium

Personally I use Finsbury Park to Alexandra Palace after getting on the Old Vic at Highbury and Islington, rather than changing to the Piccalilly Line and getting off at Wood Green.

I rather like the ride on the W3 bus from Finsbury Park station to the exhibition venue.  It is a little more scenic than the Piccadilly Line. 

Now then, on a sort of related note, does anyone know of a decent supplier of breakfast in the Kings Cross/St Pancras area?  Both of those that I used to enjoy [not on the same day, you understand] are long since closed.  The last time I had breakfast in that part of the world was in January 2013 when I had been on a plane all night and had to settle for an expensive bowl of porridge in the undercroft at St Pancras.  Respondents should not mention the golden arches as I prefer food.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

I rather like the ride on the W3 bus from Finsbury Park station to the exhibition venue.  It is a little more scenic than the Piccadilly Line. 

Now then, on a sort of related note, does anyone know of a decent supplier of breakfast in the Kings Cross/St Pancras area?  Both of those that I used to enjoy [not on the same day, you understand] are long since closed.  The last time I had breakfast in that part of the world was in January 2013 when I had been on a plane all night and had to settle for an expensive bowl of porridge in the undercroft at St Pancras.  Respondents should not mention the golden arches as I prefer food.

Chris

Damn.

You excluded my only suggestion!!!

• RMweb Gold

Chris

The Betjeman Arms in St Pancras station do a pretty good breakfast judging by past experience 

http://www.geronimo-inns.co.uk/london-the-betjeman/menus

Archived