HAYNES END. LAYOUT & STOCK FOR SALE

shreives

• 1 month later...

Had abit of rare modelling time this afternoon. i went to the erith show in longfield a couple of weeks ago and picked up some brokentoad weathering pigments so i thought i would have a play around with them this afternoon.

I have been looking a photos of br 12t box vans and have applied my own interpritation of them i have attached some step by step pictures.

i would appreciate your comments and feedback

brokentoad weathering powders

post-3608-0-73168300-1518385094_thumb.jpg

first up i painted some indivdual planks different colours

post-3608-0-69272900-1518385204_thumb.jpg

then started adding the powders

post-3608-0-37355000-1518385375_thumb.jpg

powders brushed off

post-3608-0-82484900-1518385459_thumb.jpg

finshed

post-3608-0-48822400-1518385494_thumb.jpg

next to a cleaner fruit van

post-3608-0-21462400-1518385529_thumb.jpg

Stuart

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Evening all

There isnt anything to update as far as the layout goes at the moment.

With a possible house move on the cards everything in the loft is being taken up but Haynes End will remain in tact its just the off scene track work that has had to be taken up.

the loft in the new house looks to be a decent size and i should be able remake a circuit very quickly once we get settled in.

the plan at the moment though is to maybe have a continious run fiddle yard if im lucky enough to be able to take the layout to shows in the future.

i will update as soon as things start to progress

Stuart

• 6 months later...

Hi Rich / Mike

Thanks for your comments.

Unfortunately things haven't worked out on the house front with the vendor pulling out at the last minute,and our little one being in hospital lately has put a hold on everything.

So there has been no work on the layout of late.

I have however been playing around with some stock for weathering and today I made a start on my next box van.

I have given the roof a mix of powders to give it a base to work on for the the next application.

Then I gave the underframe a coat of Matt black as base and painted to wheels.

I will paint some individual planks all round and I am going to try and add some chalk writing on it aswell

Excuse the poor quality of the photos

post-3608-0-94658500-1537910921_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-86121900-1537910947_thumb.jpg

Stuart

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 months later...

END OF THE LINE 

Time has come to and end for Haynes end for me and I think its time to move it on now. 

As I don't really get much time for modelling these days and space is a big thing at the moment with little one running around now. I have decided to go back to n gauge if anyone is interested in the layout or any of the stock as it will all be going to fund some DCC sound n gauge locos and stock hopefully. please do drop me a PM and I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. 

There is a plan already for an n gauge layout but I will share more on this as and when I get some bits together. 

Thank you to everyone who has commented on the thread and with some great advice 

Many thanks 

Stuart 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi all. 

As in my previous post I am going to be selling most of my OO stock and the layout aswell if anyone is interested. If not the layout will be broken up and all the bits stored.  

I will probably put some of the stock for sale on the well known auctioning site.  

But if anyone on here is interested in any of the stock please do send me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible most the engines are either DCC fitted except the 33 & 37  which both have legoman sounds in.

I can put the DCC fitted stuff back to analogue if required  

As before the main reason for the sale of my OO stuff is to fund some new stock in n gauge which I would like to add a couple of DCC sound fitted locos ;)

The main bits I will be selling are as follows. 

BR Blue weathered class 33 with legoman sounds in  

BR Blue weathered class 37 with legoman sounds in. 

Dapol Early BR blue class 73 E6039 DCC fitted 

BR blue EPB DCC fitted 

BR blue 2 bill DCC fitted 

BR Blue & grey MLV DCC fitted 

A mixture of Hornby MK1 coaches and BGs and a few other mail vans and wagons. 

Many thanks for your time in reading this post. 

Stuart  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...