Farish Jinty running issues

meatloaf

At the tail end of November/start of December I purchased a new BR Late Crest Jinty.

Ran it in both directions for a couple of hours and all was fine. Fast forward to now and at slow goods train speed it runs superbly, even over my set track points and crossings. However at higher speeds, say passenger train speeds, it judders and jumps quite violently. It does this in both forwards and reverse. Im fairly sure its not normal. Both my other locos run fine ( a Dapol M7 and an older farish 94xx ).

The wheels on the jinty don't look that dirty and the track has been cleaned to within an inch of its life. If it were dirty wheels surely it wouldn't run so good at slow speeds.

So is this normal or do I need to return it to my model shop?

At the tail end of November/start of December I purchased a new BR Late Crest Jinty.

Ran it in both directions for a couple of hours and all was fine. Fast forward to now and at slow goods train speed it runs superbly, even over my set track points and crossings. However at higher speeds, say passenger train speeds, it judders and jumps quite violently. It does this in both forwards and reverse. Im fairly sure its not normal. Both my other locos run fine ( a Dapol M7 and an older farish 94xx ).

The wheels on the jinty don't look that dirty and the track has been cleaned to within an inch of its life. If it were dirty wheels surely it wouldn't run so good at slow speeds.

So is this normal or do I need to return it to my model shop?

I had this problem and it was the phosphor bronze pickup bearings that needed cleaned. Happened on a couple of Jintys.

HTH,

Alan

Archived