New Farish releases

ste37

Hi everyone, very disappointed to see no etched plates in the new 37/4s and 37/5 releases. Having spoken with Bachmann they have stated! that they wont be doing the etched name plates from now on. I am disappointed to hear this especially with the price tag?! besides that i still think Bachmann is to be commended on the tooling and i look forward to future livery's.  

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Etched plates in N are something that I am not too concerned about as personally, I think the etches are way too thick in that scale and at risk of falling off so if its already printed on the loco then I tend not to fit them.

But yes it is shame they have gone back a step for those who do prefer them.

• 3 weeks later...

Highly likely to be a cost saving but in my experience the tampo-printed nameplates on both steam and diesel are really very good and I suspect that many sets of etched plates provided with the locos never get used, so maybe on balance it is a sensible move (if not pleasing everyone).

Roy

i think would prefer better shorter couplings than etched name plates on n gauge diesels.   the coupling on the class 37 for example looks ridiculous 

There is a short shank rapido set in the detail bits bag.....

Cheers,

Alan

Archived