Oxford Road - 1980s/90s NSE

Rich Papper

Thank you all for the kind comments. Will continue to add pictures, and I'll try not to be too repetitive, but being so small there's only so many bits of it to photograph! I did realise that I mentioned the Underground though, and didn't actually include a picture first time round. It isn't easy to photograph, but here are a couple.

Rich

That's just downright clever. Those platform fire cabinets look "spot on". Inspiring.

Hi Nile.

It's a class 114 from DC Kits, with a few bits and pieces from Bachmann and some scratchbuilt details. I originally started by trying to stretch a spare Bachmann 108 body that I had - how hard can it be? Very. Ended up more filler than plastic and was the wrong body profile to begin with anyway. I chopped the unneeded sections out of the DC Kits body and spliced in some evergreen plasticard cladding for the roller shutter doors. Some of the windows are plated over and painted on the outside, but with the top lights left clear, so I fitted those in question before painting and painted maskol over the top lights, to peel off afterwards. Simple paint job, pretty much all red. Chassis is the DC kits one supplied, but with Bachmann drive unit and bogies. Head / tail lights added and DCC'd. I remember them sitting in the bay platforms at the north end of Oxford station as a kid. I also have a Heljan 128 in matching red.

Rich

Hi and thank for the details and the additional photo's.

I think I'm right in saying that DC kits no longer supply that 114 kit, which is a bit of a shame but not sure if I picked up on the grapevine that possibly Kernow Model Centre where looking at something. Wouldn't mind the same to go with my own Heljan 128's.

Many thanks again.