Jon Fitness

Had a nice chat with the proprietor of this little company today.

If you are considering servo operation of points and or signals have a look at http://loolee.org/megapoints/ . There's quite a few useful youtube clips linked from the site too.

As a user of servos, I'll be giving it a go for sure!

Cheers

Jon F.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That looks good, bookmarked for future reference. I watched the signal bounce video and to my amateur eyes looks a lot better than the last time I saw a video of a controller (can't remember by whom), all it looked like it was doing was rapidly waggling the signal up and down a couple of times, there was no "bounce".

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

I bought the Megapoints starter set plus router board a couple of months ago. Finally got round to installing it all over the last few evenings. I had a minor issue with the router board that was entirely my fault, but a quick call to Dave at megapoints and the board was returned to him for a full check out. All was well and it was promptly returned, installed and routes programmed.

I now have a 12 road fiddle yard with full route setting at both ends.

Looking forward to using it an exhibition in a couple of months.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Guest 40-something

Great product and great support from Dave when needed (in my case my power supply wasnt up to scratch).  At a great price too compared to the rivals

We are using Megapoints panels on all of our layouts, and we've attended one exhibition so far with points operated by servos/megapoints without a hitch.  Next exhibition will be with the same layout (Helenston) at Cathcart at the end of Oct and Warley with Milton Street MPD at the end of Nov.

If anyone reading this is wanting to see them used in anger then say hi and we'll show you the gubbins!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Great service from Dave, ordered Sunday with me following Tuesday. Have bought his new 12V 8A power pack to replace a number of laptop packs. Also managed to order bi-colour LEDs in error when I wanted one red/one green LEDs. Spoke to Dave and replacement on way.

• RMweb Gold

I have a couple of boards and I am about to purchase another. They are fantastic and combines with servos seems to offer very reliable to operate points / signals.

As has been noted by others, fantastic service - but also note that they are shut for Christmas from IIRC December 10th.

Roy