RR&Co Get Together 27th March 2010 Manchester

Guest Digital

Thanks again John. I'm on with this now and although I consider myself still to have some operating brain cells (just a few still working), plus a reasonable level of logic (my sister called my Dr Spock once!) I'm struggling to understand why the point has to be assigned to a dummy system. Also wouldn't I have to assign the appropriate routes or schedules as operations of the flagmen?

Sorry - I'm probably being a bit thick on this but I'll keep trying .. blink.gif

Alan

The dummy point once you have made it go's in place on your diagram as normal

Here is mine....................

Guest Digital

You guys sure this can't be handled by using two separate points symbols rather than the 3-way - thats how I do it on the Widnes Fiddle Yard, when a particular route is called the other switches (point blades) are driven to prevent snagging - and either by skill or good luck it works perfectly cool.gif

Hi Dave,

Yes this can be done using 2 seperate point symbols as you have suggested and that's how I used to do it.

I just did it this way after a search on the Railroad & Co forum and it did not take long to setup.

John

Alan

The dummy point once you have made it go's in place on your diagram as normal

Here is mine....................

Bingo! Got it - the little grey cells finally pieced it together - with a great deal of help! It's working fine now, many thanks indeed.

Now for my other little project - how to get the Guards band to play the national anthem each time the Royal Train arrives at the station!.... should be simple after this ... :rolleyes:

Regards ... Alan

Guest Digital

Bingo! Got it - the little grey cells finally pieced it together - with a great deal of help! It's working fine now, many thanks indeed.

Now for my other little project - how to get the Guards band to play the national anthem each time the Royal Train arrives at the station!.... should be simple after this ... rolleyes.gif

Regards ... Alan

Hi Alan,

Glad you sorted it.

John

• 1 month later...

Took the plunge and have now got TC Gold, er indoors doesn't know and never will. TTG get hold of Freiwald for your commission another happy customer thanks to your demo efforts . I know you have no links but the guy should give you some consideration he reaps the rewards.

A whole new world starts so onwards and upwards.

TTG no news on the southern get together? they don't know what they are missing.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the first stage of madness. But well done, good you took the secretive plunge. I suppose now if SWMBO finds out I had better stay beyond arms length if we should ever meet. :lol:

As for the southern get together, not much happening really. Its summer and most of my time is spent outside enjoying the nice weather.

Good luck, enjoy it all.

Regards

TTG

Archived