RR&Co Get Together 27th March 2010 Manchester

Hotel now booked cant wait should be a great day looking forward to it

Anybody getting there on fri night staying in a hotel i will be at the broadway premier inn if any one want to meet up before for a chat and a beer

JOHN

• RMweb Gold

Hi TTG,

Sorry but we are down to two now - the other member misread his shifts and thought he was off - but myself and a Network Rail signal engineer will be in attendance should anyone wants to talk about prototype aspects (groan), if anyone does want to chat and its in depth then letting me know in advance will give more chance to prepare.

Hi Dave,

Good you and your signalling friend can attend. Not sure as to the requirement for prototypical signaling but if those who are coming can let us know by posting on here if it is some thing they would like to hear about, then by all means have an hour or so to do a talk.

Hopefully some feedback on here will tell you to prepare or not. As you know, it kicks off at 10 but I hope to get through the basics quickly, track laying and configuring points etc so we can get into to more complicated stuff including automatic running.

I can show how to set up signals in the way I did it, perhaps you can show how you set yous up for prototypical running. Open to suggestions.

But it hould be a good day what ever happens.

The list has now closed. I had to do this so arrangements can be made and also the next few weeks for me are very busy work wise with a lot of time being spent away from the UK.

As I mentioned before, any one with a laptop would benefit from bringing it with them so they can play as we go through the topic list.

If you all could at least have a play at home first with the software to get used to some of the basic terms and items in the software. This will allow us all to progress quickly off the basics into the more interesting stuff. If you could play with the latest version V7 GOLD E1 it will be useful. I will base my talk on Gold as this offers the highest feature level and the version I use. But the basics are just about the same for Gold and Silver.

One thing I will insist upon, this will not be a DCC day. Nothing to do with which is the best system to use etc as it is up to you to which you want to use. I use Lenz so expect a lot Lenz biased talk but I will be showing how to set up RR&Co for use with various systems. That's as far as it goes for DCC. You will realise why I have to do this once under way. You may even begin to doubt your own choice of DCC system if you want to use RR&Co.

So have a play and think about what you are having problems with. I already have a plan to work through to get as much covered in the time we have. I hope to use the last hour for question and answer session. May be current users who need help can save their questions until then to give the less informed a chance.

See you all there. :)

TTG

Well speak for yourselves guys :)

I'm one of those strange people that actually enjoys travelling by train :rolleyes:

Sorry to have to admit that on a railway forum...

May be a bit late though as the train only gets into Piccadilly about 20min before and I have to find where the 184 bus goes from these days. (I used to go to school on it).

Archived