LB&SCR Modellers' Digest

On 15/12/2023 at 16:55, KeithHC said:

I just wish there could be more editions during the year. 

Keith

Thanks for the comment -  and also to @MattR and @Mikkel.

To be honest, twice a year feels about right both for the volume of available material and also for the amount of time that goes into each edition. I need the gaps between editions to get any modelling of my own done!

Issue 18 has been particularly satisfying, as it has a pleasing diversity of authors and subjects. One of my objectives is  not only to illustrate examples of detailed research and scratch building, but also to encourage those setting out into the pre-grouping scene with RTR.  If it nudges a few people down the slippery slope that starts with RTR and goes through the spectrum that ends with scratchbuilding  (and membership of the Brighton Circle), it has achieved its aim.

Best wishes 

Eric 

Edited by burgundy
link added
  • Like 15

• 3 weeks later...

In the last few days of December, the Brighton Circle website, including LB&SCR Modellers' Digest, ceased to be available.

The assumption is that the service provider has ceased trading and that the Circle will need to recommission a fresh site through another provider. That will clearly take time. All the contents of the website can be reproduced from copies, so nothing should have been lost. It is not possible at this stage to give any estimate of how long it will take to reinstate the site, but it is unlikely to reappear for some weeks. However, it is possible that there may be an interim solution for the Digest.

With best wishes for the new year.

Eric 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• 2 weeks later...

Issue 19 of LB&SCR Modellers' Digest is scheduled for mid June. The deadline for new material is therefore the end of May.

If you would like to submit an article, it would be very helpful if you could let me know by PM.

It is also helpful to receive material in advance of the deadline, where possible, as it takes a bit of time to format around 200 pages worth of material! 

Best wishes 

Eric 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

On the Rapido Trains thread about the forthcoming Brighton E tank there is some exciting news about a new livery option. The Brighton Circle is delighted to have played a part in this late addition to the Rapido range of E1 tanks.

The Circle has been aware that there was considerable regret that the Marsh black livery was not represented in Rapido’s range. With the order deadline for this model fast approaching, Rapido suggested that we look for a prototype that conformed with one of their existing tooling suites and which survived through to grouping in this livery. The happy result was that the best option was No 110, formerly Burgundy, the sole survivor of this class. We have provided the artwork for the lining and numbering for this project and we are also assisting with colour samples and lining and lettering artwork for all the LBSCR versions.

Please be aware that the production of this additional livery is entirely dependent on the response from those of you who have said that you would like to buy one. By using an existing tooling suite and applying a different livery, the project is viable with as few as 100 models produced, but it will only happen if those orders are there in time for the order deadline in April.

I look forward to seeing Rapido E tanks appearing in future issues of the LB&SCR Modellers’ Digest!

Best wishes

Burgundy Eric

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 month later...