LB&SCR Modellers' Digest

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Issue 3 of the LB&SCR Modellers' Digest is now online for your Summer holiday reading. 110 pages, including lots of stuff about  modelling techniques that will be applicable to many pre-grouping scenarios.

Free, and worth every penny.

Best wishes

Eric

Eric,

Are the first two copies available?  I stupidly thought that each would be available when the new one came out.

Thank you.

• RMweb Premium

Last time this was asked, theanswer was not yet.

I have saved copies of the three previous editions (0,1,2) and with Burgundy's permission I could send you them - or maybe not.  I have just seen the size of the files and the largest is over 21Mb so this will probably kill the email system, or will automatically be rejected to avoid that.

• RMweb Gold

Last time this was asked, theanswer was not yet.

I have saved copies of the three previous editions (0,1,2) and with Burgundy's permission I could send you them - or maybe not.  I have just seen the size of the files and the largest is over 21Mb so this will probably kill the email system, or will automatically be rejected to avoid that.

Andy,

Thank you.  If Burgundy is happy then I could send you my email address.  It would probably take 3 emails I would assume.

• RMweb Gold

What a fantastic resource. And all free, too. A big thanks to all who put this together (and that's from a GWR modeller  :)). There is still hope for humanity.

PS: And to put my money where my mouth is I'll join the circle.

Edited by Mikkel
  • Like 2

Previous editions are available on the website; they are simply not directly linked or advertised.  Take the URL for Issue 3 and, in place of the final figure 3, substitute a 0, 1 or 2 for the respective edition. There is not intended to be a great secret about it, but it is not intended to be the long term solution.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Eric

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

What a fantastic resource. And all free, too. A big thanks to all who put this together (and that's from a GWR modeller  :)). There is still hope for humanity.

PS: And to put my money where my mouth is I'll join the circle.

Well unfortunately that doesn't look feasible, as membership requires payment by cheque and Danish banks are phasing out cheques (nobody really uses them here anymore). If anyone has an alternative idea for supporting the society from afar I'd be pleased to know.

• RMweb Premium

A bank to bank transfer.

You will need the IBAN and BIC of the society but it is a simple process and I assume also operates in Denmark if cheques are going.  (They vanished from Germany over 10 years ago).

• RMweb Gold

A bank to bank transfer.

You will need the IBAN and BIC of the society but it is a simple process and I assume also operates in Denmark if cheques are going.  (They vanished from Germany over 10 years ago).

Thanks Andy, yes that would be ideal. I contacted the circle earlier about alternative options, and am hoping they will suggest something like that.

• 5 weeks later...

A bit late to say but the recent email triggered it.

Many thanks for featuring the E2 and also many thanks for such a well put together digest, there are still a couple of articles yo read but most of it has been absorbed. Some really good material inside.

For the email I haven't anything currently although I do have a FUD E2 that needs building that would provide a good quality comparison to the WSF. Getting it done by the 13th though might be tricky.

Would it be possible to update your loco kits section on the website with the E2? :)

• 4 months later...
Interesting bit about the WCER coach. We do that coach in 7mm. They were an off the shelf design sold by Wright and Son (Metro Cammell) from 1865 to 1880. These coaches were bought by a number of companies. These include LSWR, LBSCR, Furness, Cambrian, LNWR, Manchester and Midford, North British and WCER. 

Light Railway All 3rd

Marc

• Like 2

Not sure how long the LBSCR ones ran for but both the LMS and GWR gained some at the grouping from both the Furness and the Cambrian respectively. The Furness ones were photographed in 1926, by accident, when the LMS photographed the Furness loco in their new LMS liveries

Marc

Not sure how long the LBSCR ones ran for but both the LMS and GWR gained some at the grouping from both the Furness and the Cambrian respectively. The Furness ones were photographed in 1926, by accident, when the LMS photographed the Furness loco in their new LMS liveries

Marc

Is it my imagination, or does the 'Brighton' attract a disproportionate number of very talented modellers? Quite apart from the work involved in producing the journal, I can't think that many line societies would be able to fill an equivalent production with modelling of such quality, certainly not on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Issue 4 of the LB&SCR Modellers' Journal is now available for your Christmas holiday reading. As usual, lots of stuff that has much wider application than to those modelling the Brighton.

Best wishes

Eric

Thank you.  Always a superb read.

Is it my imagination, or does the 'Brighton' attract a disproportionate number of very talented modellers? Quite apart from the work involved in producing the journal, I can't think that many line societies would be able to fill an equivalent production with modelling of such quality, certainly not on a regular basis.

No, you're right, it does.  It also attracts me!

• Like 1