LB&SCR Modellers' Digest

Have you any idea how long they ran in LBSC service Marc? I'd love one but 1888 might be too late to include on in a passenger train.

Brilliant 'Digest' as usual,

Peter

Peter

I believe that some Craven vintage carriages were still around in the 1890s, although possibly reserved for excursion service;  I am sure that I have a reference to this but cannot put my hand on it just at the moment. There were also odd vehicles in service use, such as those used with the breakdown train or the armoured train. 

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Eric

• Like 1

Interesting bit about the WCER coach. We do that coach in 7mm. They were an off the shelf design sold by Wright and Son (Metro Cammell) from 1865 to 1880. These coaches were bought by a number of companies. These include LSWR, LBSCR, Furness, Cambrian, LNWR, Manchester and Midford, North British and WCER. 

Marc

As the writer of the piece concerned, I apologise for not giving your range a credit. In my defence, you keep quite a low profile on the Internet, and I couldn't find any coaches amongst the cornucopia of riches of wagon kits on your website, once I got the hang of navigating round it. Thank goodness I model in 4mm or I would have to spend a small fortune to acquire some of the more exotic delights!

Nick

As the writer of the piece concerned, I apologise for not giving your range a credit. In my defence, you keep quite a low profile on the Internet, and I couldn't find any coaches amongst the cornucopia of riches of wagon kits on your website, once I got the hang of navigating round it. Thank goodness I model in 4mm or I would have to spend a small fortune to acquire some of the more exotic delights!

Nick

A very enjoyable article, Nick, which I have just finished reading.

Nick

We are having a few website issues. It's a PICNIC issue problem in chair not in computer.

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

just caught up with this thead. Is there any chance of someone sending the URL for the digest. I cannot see it on my tablet.

Many thanks

Keith HC

Keith

You will find a link in post #68 when the latest issue was announced or alternatively

http://lbscr.org/Models/Journal/LBSCR-Modellers-Digest-4.pdf

should get you there.

Best wishes

Eric

• 4 months later...

LB&SCR Modellers' Digest issue 5 is now available for your light reading.

As ever, it contains many ideas and techniques that are of general modelling interest, and should have something for any pre-grouping modeller, irrespective of company.

It is quite a large file and so, depending on your download speed, may take a little time to materialise. 

​Best wishes

Eric  

Edited by burgundy
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Another excellent issue. Many thanks to Eric and the Brighton Circle.

Interesting to read the article on the LB&SCR's trials of rail motors etc. It wasn't the only company to find them lacking. There are some fascinating reports in Barry Railway minutes of its research and experiments. The Barry steam rail motors only lasted a few months even after that research. They were just too early in the game, as was the Brighton.

Jonathan

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just downloaded it, and it looks like another treat. I'm impressed that the Circle is able to keep this going alongside everything else, and with such quality. Each issue must be quite an effort to produce. Thanks to all involved.

• Like 1

Ian 

Next edition should be out in late June next year, so the cut off for contributions will be the end of May. I am therefore looking forward to a healthy in box over the next 5 months!

Perhaps I can also mention here that the latest Digest contains details of the new owners and ordering arrangements for Exclusively Brighton Models (EBM). 

Best wishes 

Eric 

Edited by burgundy
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

And may I offer my best wishes to the new owners of EBM and all the best luck with the future. The misses has already been looking at the price list to see what I'm allowed!!

Gary

PS. If you need any help with the new website, my services are available. I have made websites professionally for the last 9 years!

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

For those looking for an alternative to football, tennis or whatever else is on TV, LB&SCR Modellers' Digest 7 is now available. Settle down under the sunshade to read articles on a wide range of modelling topics and techniques, in a range of scales.

post-9472-0-46209900-1530015160_thumb.jpg

The next edition should be out shortly before Christmas and the deadline for new material will be the end of November, so please polish your keyboards or sharpen your quills. All contributions are welcome. 

Best wishes 

Eric 

• Like 3

Very nice it was too! Apart from the weird article by this 'sem' character, and I know someone who was annoyed about the pullmans (the old rule of 'you work on something for ages then someone announces one'!) but very good!