West Riding Terminus- Halifax Powell Street

BurscoughCurves

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

A little more progress on the hipped roof on one of the mill buildings (first time uploaded from my phone...).

Just needs coping stones and gutters, and some random cables and down pipes to add detail and hide the joins and imperfections!

CDB3AF55-4C7B-4585-A998-9C221B7B1745.jpeg.3e0a4af1e8011560efb8cbb1ad31358d.jpeg

Pete

• Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 10/04/2019 at 07:39, Enterprisingwestern said:

Impressive, overpowering in a good way, buildings, reminiscent of Hebble Vale Goods IMHO.

Mike.

Thanks Mike.

Hebble Vale Goods is a favourite of mine. It was the layout I was most looking forward to seeing at Wigan last year; it’s even better in the flesh than in the magazines.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, BurscoughCurves said:

Hi All,

A little more progress on the hipped roof on one of the mill buildings (first time uploaded from my phone...).

Just needs coping stones and gutters, and some random cables and down pipes to add detail and hide the joins and imperfections!

CDB3AF55-4C7B-4585-A998-9C221B7B1745.jpeg.3e0a4af1e8011560efb8cbb1ad31358d.jpeg

Pete

There are imperfections?! 

Where? It looks superb.

richard

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete . No apologies for clogging up your inbox with all the likes. It' has been far too long since I checked in here and all I can say is fantastic modeling. You get the full :sungum::sungum::sungum::sungum::sungum:for building working signals and for capturing the atmosphere of the real thing. especially those mills and warehouses etc.

Regards Shaun 

On 29/04/2019 at 06:20, Sasquatch said:

Hi Pete . No apologies for clogging up your inbox with all the likes. It' has been far too long since I checked in here and all I can say is fantastic modeling. You get the full :sungum::sungum::sungum::sungum::sungum:for building working signals and for capturing the atmosphere of the real thing. especially those mills and warehouses etc.

Regards Shaun 

Thanks very much Shaun, that means a lot coming from yourself. I’m a big fan of your work and am really looking forward to seeing Bradford come together.

The signals were a real fiddly pain but they will do for a first effort. I will definitely be using fully soldered brass components in the future. I was only admiring yours on Goathland the other day. 

Speaking of which; I live in Liverpool but try to get over to Whitby every now and again. Last November I was lucky enough to watch half an hour of steam era shunting at Goathland whilst on route to TMC! It was a great long weekend!

597EAF88-9B74-47FB-879E-64E9463AC0CF.jpeg.351e773f723479478dc1e53df6b14807.jpeg

B39232F9-E15F-4810-9554-B308935E3225.jpeg.11c0791801e2df4c3898e254103fbb5c.jpeg

Best regards,

Pete

• Like 15

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 07/06/2019 at 18:14, BurscoughCurves said:

Hi All,

Back from a week in the sun (very much confirmed that I don’t like sitting in the sun!) and have done an hour or so today on the small terraced street. One half of the street is half relief, the opposite is full. The full side will have back yards and a small scrubby lane leading up to the mills behind. 

There is a slight incline on the short street. I thought this would add some interest. The street will be cobbled.

Please find a few images below.

Thanks,

Pete

43B85A87-9296-4048-B46F-68B3FA4EA93E.jpeg.89d7336b57a5bddc6015955531c46458.jpeg

754ED28C-F859-441A-910C-9BF4A5070E81.jpeg.c073783090b595caca42d1de1ab35d7a.jpeg

0C75126E-C22F-4936-9C37-982A179E782F.jpeg.82cafbdac64a0451d8365a8da762d3a1.jpeg

Eeee lad it's good to see mill workers have a place too sleep after shift ends. Your a good boss Sir :unsure::D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gismorail said:

Eeee lad it's good to see mill workers have a place too sleep after shift ends. Your a good boss Sir :unsure::D

Haha thanks Gismo!! I was thinking of even allowing one of the houses to have an indoor toilet! Although I’ll see how much of a shift they’ll put in up the mill first! 

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Agreed.

I personally think Karl Crowther and Burscough Curves are one and the same, has anyone ever seen them together?!!

Mike.

Thanks Mike but my work definitely doesn’t come anywhere near that of Mr Crowther! 

You’d agree with me up close!

Pete

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

It all looks very good, you obviously have plan for that whole area, can't wait to see more.

In an earlier photo you can just see some gripping hooks that would be used to haul up the bails of wool did you buy these or make them yourself, I'm asking as I can't find a clear picture of that type anywhere.

• RMweb Premium

Pete,

I've only just found this thread but have spent a good few hours over the last couple of days reading it all, and all I can say is it's superb! Having lived in this area for almost all my life I think I'm qualified to say you've captured the atmosphere perfectly.

Your mill buildings are stunning, and are what I'm hoping to achieve on my own layout. So much so, I'm about to start re-designing one of the buildings for it, using yours as inspiration!

JRB