West Riding Terminus- Halifax Powell Street

BurscoughCurves

On 04/06/2019 at 14:27, BurscoughCurves said:

49C710E9-1CCB-4871-B378-3414759BAA79.jpeg.3b8a4a90d083141b04a2cd7310247dca.jpeg

Just been reading through this thread and just had to say that this photo looks amazing! Literally the only thing that gave it away to me was the lights in the Diesels cab! 

What a fantastic piece of atmospheric modeeling!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aire Head said:

Just been reading through this thread and just had to say that this photo looks amazing! Literally the only thing that gave it away to me was the lights in the Diesels cab! 

What a fantastic piece of atmospheric modeeling!

Hi Aire,

Thanks for the comment! I know what you mean; the contrast looks extreme in the photo but not as much in ‘reality’. It looks like the sun is the 2nd man! 

Thanks,

Pete

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BurscoughCurves said:

Hi Aire,

Thanks for the comment! I know what you mean; the contrast looks extreme in the photo but not as much in ‘reality’. It looks like the sun is the 2nd man! 

Thanks,

Pete

The camera is a cruel and harsh mistress!

Ben

Edited by Aire Head
  • Funny 1

On 17/11/2019 at 20:43, BurscoughCurves said:

Hi Folks,

I was intending to have progressed with more scenic work over the last few weeks but I haven't done anything. I have, however, expanded an operating schedule during lots of running sessions so I don't feel guilty for the lack of progress!

I took some images over a few sessions, and because most of my recent images haven't featured many locomotives I thought I'd add a few now.

So much to do but I am enjoying playing trains too much!

Regards,

Pete

1)_Brit_2.PNG.f8a640f6d86b87cfac2a40d09b92b541.PNG

1156132599_2)Brit3.PNG.cce93ce61bae0fb7262e0eb92d3ff2eb.PNG

1489272449_3)P3.PNG.2c2812c337dd5b8e555a60bd630a8219.PNG

4_MT.PNG.a6cc02b09341a4d2501a19f7ee9706e9.PNG

Amazing layout! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 19/11/2019 at 00:09, woodenhead said:

This grimy layout and Bradfield are my types of layout - so how the hell have I ended up with all the GW and Southern stuff.

Really need to sort my head out and build something Northern.

As others have said, this model is stunning.

Northern is good, though some would suggest I may be biased, the area that is and not necessarily the TOC. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Effing hell fire this has come on since I last checked in. It's a superb layout, captures everything correctly about the west riding. I live near Bradford & deliver in & around the halifax & the calder valley & this captures my everyday sights perfectly.

Lovely stuff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t forget the Midens.  Those models are the image of the street of back to back terraced houses in which my auntie Mabel and uncle Walter lived in Armley (Leeds).  They did not have much of a yard, a couple of strides and you were in the street.  There were no loos in the house, but each house had its own in the miden situated up the street.

There were streets of houses like these in the district, and during WW2 gaps appeared which made playgrounds for us.

Derek

Edited by Mrkirtley800
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete. Bacup is no more, there was no real way of converting it to EM and the baseboards were truly awful. Plus, I became more interested in industrial railways when building The Mill so the next layout is likely to be a gritty industrial line weaving its way past the buildings of Bacup (all saved and stored) with exchange sidings if space allows 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 18/11/2019 at 13:33, Aire Head said:

This photo is  remarkably similar to one in Steam in the north west  .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This feels over critical of such a good scene, but I know that you like to get things right.  All the round Post Boxes that I can remember were mounted near the kerb, door facing inwards.  Square. post mounted, as you have shown, but not round ones.  If someone can direct to a photo like yours, I’ll happily get back in my box and shut up!

Paul.