West Riding Terminus- Halifax Powell Street

BurscoughCurves

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Try using some weathering powders rather than the airbrush for the track "mud" on the cylinders.. it may be easier to get it in specific locations.

Baz

It will likely dull the sheen too :)

As for seals, depending on the size, a small fibre washer or 'O' ring might do - i.e. it might not have to be a 'bespoke' part.

• Thanks 1

Removing Cabside Number

The Bachmann numbers seem to be more difficult to remove than Hornby but I usually use a wooden implement such as a toothpick and a mild solvent like airbrush cleaner that seems to work without damaging the loco body .

Richard

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Pete,

I've just found your layout (I'm not sure how I missed it before now) and just wanted to say how inspirational it is. You've really captured the essence of the West Riding and I've enjoyed reading about your work on some of your stock too. 

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2021 at 11:48, Mark90 said:

Pete,

I've just found your layout (I'm not sure how I missed it before now) and just wanted to say how inspirational it is. You've really captured the essence of the West Riding and I've enjoyed reading about your work on some of your stock too. 

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I missed your comment somehow. Thanks very much I’m glad you like it.

Unfortunately the layouts days are numbered as the room needs to be repurposed (due to the arrival of a small human). So I am trying to get as much running in as possible before the line closure notices go up. I’ll be keeping the stock and buildings for future layouts however.

All the best,

Pete 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

5 hours ago, BurscoughCurves said:

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately the layouts days are numbered as the room needs to be repurposed (due to the arrival of a small human). So I am trying to get as much running in as possible before the line closure notices go up. I’ll be keeping the stock and buildings for future layouts however.

All the best,

Pete 

No worries at all. A shame that your layout will have to be dismantled, but I think you have a very good reason - congrats on the new arrival! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/02/2021 at 13:10, BurscoughCurves said:

Hi Mark,

All the best,

Pete 

Good news :)

Big loss for Railways big gain for you!

Hmm... maybe a shed or garage location for the layout?  

Its one one of the best on RMWEB 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well Pete,

I think we will all look forward to another 2 weeks worth of photos and wish you and your family all of the very best. Thankyou very much for letting us into your most excellent railway empire and I for one will look forward to any future projects you find time and space for.....even if it is on the wrong side of the hills. :chok_mini:

Kind regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
  • Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, 03060 said:

Well Pete,

I think we will all look forward to another 2 weeks worth of photos and wish you and your family all of the very best. Thankyou very much for letting us into your most excellent railway empire and I for one will look forward to any future projects you find time and space for.....even if it is on the wrong side of the hills. :chok_mini:

Kind regards,

Ian.

Thanks Ian.

Maybe I should stick with my original desire to build Leeds Central then?! 

• Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

22 hours ago, BurscoughCurves said:

Thanks Ian.

Maybe I should stick with my original desire to build Leeds Central then?! 

In that case you'd better buy a place opposite the laird (of this parish) and his Leeds City Wellington project :)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Lovely urban modelling great inspiration.

Oh a child congratulations to all involved.

Just remember the first 25 years are the worst, and after that you should have a bit of time and spare cash for modelling.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

For me the fictional bit is the age limit, it never stops.

I blame the parents!

Mike.

My youngest is 28, lost his job last year, gave up his flat and returned home, again Found a better job close to home and looks set to stay. I agree that  there is no upper limit.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

On 24/02/2021 at 21:35, lash said:

Lovely urban modelling great inspiration.

Oh a child congratulations to all involved.

Just remember the first 25 years are the worst, and after that you should have a bit of time and spare cash for modelling.

You have to be joking.  We have three,aged 55, 52 and 47 and we never stop worrying about them.  They are all on good salaries, but guess who pays when we meet up and go out for a meal.  Yes, perhaps more fool me, the pensioner, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Derek

Edited by Mrkirtley800
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Mrkirtley800 said:

You have to be joking.  We have three,aged 55, 52 and 47 and we never stop worrying about them.  They are all on good salaries, but guess who pays when we meet up and go out for a meal.  Yes, perhaps more fool me, the pensioner, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Derek

I was thinking that very same thing Derek. All mine are in their 40's but that's the only difference. 

Regards Lez.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pete,

Many congratulations on the new little one, and likewise commiserations on the upcoming closure of the line.  As someone mentioned, it really is one of the best layout on RM Web, and I consider myself privileged to have been around almost since it began. Perhaps we might see it in a publication someday?

Cheers,

Will  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, AireValley1962 said:

Pete,

Many congratulations on the new little one, and likewise commiserations on the upcoming closure of the line.  As someone mentioned, it really is one of the best layout on RM Web, and I consider myself privileged to have been around almost since it began. Perhaps we might see it in a publication someday?

Cheers,

Will  

Good idea will, 

Would be a cracking momento to have Pete. I don't suppose you can offer up your layout as such but would be great if it'd be picked up by viewers of the thread. Perhaps it's too close now to the last day of operation? 

John 

• Agree 3