• Wed 11 March
    • Thurs 12 March
    • Tues 17 March (St Patrick's Day)
    • Wed 18 March
    • Thurs 19 March
    • Tues 24 March
    • Wed 25 March
    • Thurs 26 March

There have been a few suggestions of formal and informal meet ups at various shows, as well as the proposed modular meet up and 'Nut's Berlin jaunt thread. I was wondering if a good way for a slightly more organised meeting would be at a curry house in the area, to break the ice in an informal way over a few beers and a decent feed.

We are in a big area, so no matter where we suggest, there will be a few who are too far away. My suggestion, selfishly perhaps, would be the Taj Mahal restaurant in Crawley. It has (or at least had in recent times) a great reputation, as well as being reasonably central to our area, and (added bonus for travel) only a couple of minutes walk from Crawley station.

I've put some suggested dates in a poll...could you indicate which dates you cannot make?

If this is a go'er, I am happy to do the organising.

Thoughts?

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus

Quite possibly and, as Cromptonnut said, as long as it doesn't clash with anything else. I'm in

Nestor

Suggest you pick a couple of dates that aren't bank holidays/easter/etc and put up a poll?

I guess the fact it's close to Crawley station is a bonus, and no doubt there may also be car share options if people refer to the Members Map.

Suggest you pick a couple of dates that aren't bank holidays/easter/etc and put up a poll?

I guess the fact it's close to Crawley station is a bonus, and no doubt there may also be car share options if people refer to the Members Map.

Certainly can. I was just gauging interest, but it wouldn't do any harm to set something...

"Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Curry, beer, trains"

Just need to add "women" and it sounds like the perfect night out.

My availability is, of course, subject to trains from London Bridge behaving themselves.

Edited by cromptonnut

Well, it has been a very limited amount of interest thus far, but the best date looks to be Thursday March 12th. A good indication of numbers - even if they are single figure(!) - would be good.

You sure about that? 12th March has "no votes" to me.

That is the one date I can't make due to an existing commitment.

Well [insert expletives of choice], I misread the poll.  I've change my vote although it doesn't make any difference to the overall event.  A real shame, it's the local rail user AGM that night, and as much as I'd love to meet you guys for a curry the opportunity to give Southern and National Rail management a good verbal kicking is too good an opportunity to miss.

Especially after this morning's points failure at Redhill...

I too had misread the poll. I shall revote...

Nestor

Well [insert expletives of choice], I misread the poll.  I've change my vote although it doesn't make any difference to the overall event.  A real shame, it's the local rail user AGM that night, and as much as I'd love to meet you guys for a curry the opportunity to give Southern and National Rail management a good verbal kicking is too good an opportunity to miss.

Especially after this morning's points failure at Redhill...

Worry not; we now have three available dates...3, 10, 24 March; all Tuesdays.

Pick a date, stick to it, and I'll be there (train chaos willing) :)

Just not 12th March!

Edited by cromptonnut

Pick a date, stick to it, and I'll be there (train chaos willing) :)

Just not 12th March!

That's okay...there are a few of us - myself including - who need to make the trek from London Bridge.

In which case, shall we say the Tuesday 10th March?

It's in the calendar!  I await further instructions.

Edited by cromptonnut

Noted, will try my best to come along. Tuesday is our usual club night but I think they'll cope with my absence for one week.

Nestor

Would have enjoyed joining you guys for a curry ( as part of the South London contingent ) but Grove Park to Crawley and back on a work night

Would have enjoyed joining you guys for a curry ( as part of the South London contingent ) but Grove Park to Crawley and back on a work night

I'm sure there will be more across the region. 

My suggestion is meet at the restaurant at 19:00 - which gives plenty of time to get to Crawley.

Tuesday 10th sounds good to me and I'll be available to pick people up / drop them off if anyone needs it as long as they aren't to far out the way.

How will we recognise each other?  Or should we all wear large backpacks and "follow the odour"?