• RMweb Gold

Brilliant Neil!

There isn't much to date that picture of 7001 is there? The state of cleanliness does make you wonder if its around the time of the Hymek Swansong tour in 73.....

And look at the number in the filth on the roof of Queen! Theres something to model....

More please!

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

D7001 at a guess I'd say 1972/3 Phil because of the painted out D. I will dig out the original slide to see if anything is written on it. The pic of 812 is dated 1972, I'll edit the legends.

Neil

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting Neil. Looking forward to more please.

812 was the last Warship I travelled behind back in 1972, Newton Abbott to Plymouth. It sounded rather rough on arrival. D1005 was my favourite, so my Heljan model had to be that one, in MSYP.

Interesting - first time I saw D1005 was hauling her stripped out sisters D1029 and D1044 from Laira to Swindon at Bristol Temple Meads in March 1975. A very sad sight indeed.

Neil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant Neil!

There isn't much to date that picture of 7001 is there? The state of cleanliness does make you wonder if its around the time of the Hymek Swansong tour in 73.....

And look at the number in the filth on the roof of Queen! Theres something to model....

More please!

Phil

On the basis of what's visible in the background I would say early-mid 1973; there are two new, large, location cupboards plus some concrete channel which would all be preparatory work for Oxford resignalling which was commissioned in that part of Oxford in October 1973.

• RMweb Gold

Phew glad we got that sorted - was starting to analyse body side dings to compare photos how sad! - she has been swiped at the far end, other photos reveal two parallel dings on the drivers end one of which appears to have taken off the works plate. AN argument with a wagon left past a siding clearing point perhaps?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks

1013 Certainly is on the SVR - that's Bridgnorth

looking at the way the platforms are built is D1070 Newbury racecourse perhaps?

Ha - Southernman beat me to it!!!

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

1070 at Newbury Racecourse (I think) - the wide gravel platforms and 1Z18 headcode ???

Definitely and that was one of the headcodes used around that time for Newbury races specials.

I don't think that the Hymek is at Newton - can you enlarge the writing on the sign in the background?

Edited by The Stationmaster

• RMweb Gold

A zoom in on the sign from high -res scan.

Unfortunately I cant go back to the neg at the moment as scanner out of action, but an open and shut case me feels your honour.

post-6925-0-16628100-1422378550.jpg

Although Slide was marked Newton Abbott Mike, I share your doubts, undoubtedly Swindon!

Neil

Edited by Downendian