• RMweb Premium

Is it my imagination, or is the last coach in maroon livery?

No and yes respectively.  Maroon coaches lasted well into the 1970s.  I have heard it suggested that those which did so were deliberately cascaded to secondary services in order to have all b/g rakes on the main lines and because they were due for earlier withdrawal having run the longest since overhaul and / or still being on leaf-spring bogies.

literally five seconds in Irfan View -you really should download it for free. Auto adjust colours, then two or three resharpens. If I bothered, could do it much better. Wrt sharpening, it depends what you want to do with the image, working from a low res, and finishing with a compressed jpeg does not give the best results.

Yes 1O67 is on Up Tunnel the freight is in the Up Tunnel goods loop and the Hymek is on the Down Tunnel the panel has not yet taken over as you can see the new colour gantry with new signals N183 Up Tunnel N583 Up Tunnel loop.

Lovely photo

Cheers Gareth

• Like 1

So that's how Robert De Niro started out? Maybe that's how he got the part in Taxi Driver.

post-6880-0-14394200-1424016159.jpg

Top ex-Old Oak man Pete Nichols, now retired and living next to his old haunting ground at Whitnash near Leamington, where he used to drive Westerns on the Padd-Brums / Wolves jobs.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hmm D1024 Western Huntsman was one of the first to go, and photos of her very rare, certainly in BR blue.

It would be nice to pick up a slide of her I thought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=322220060931

Now at £112.24 with over a day to go. I would dust off your Western slides folks if you don't mind selling them!

Neil

colour photo's of D1042 in BR blue seem to be the rarest, I've only ever seen one half decent one!

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Come on lads.

its festive time, And this thread needs a nudge.

We aint had no good pics of Wezzies, Warships or Meks for a while now ?

And I didn’t get a Teddybear for Christmas either

Come on lads.

There is an easy answer to that. 

Post some of yours....

Come on lads.

I have a very few, you might not like them though....

post-7081-0-77489700-1514555901.jpg

1003 Western Pioneer at Swindon, it was scrapped just over 2 months later in August 1977, 9/6/77

cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ok so just one more from me, I don’t think I’ve posted before, because not the best quality, cheap from eBay about £3 I think, I couldn’t resist.

I think it’s D7040 at Bath road.

I’ve not bought many slides in the last 6 months, most of my spare cash has gone to carp fishing tackle another red hot passion of mine. I’ve been fishing more in 2017 than I have in the entire previous decade.

I’ve got around 100 or so more Hydraulic pics that need scanning, but it’s still out of action.

Merry Xmas all.

Neil post-6925-0-20771800-1514560433_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Ok so just one more from me, I don’t think I’ve posted before, because not the best quality, cheap from eBay about £3 I think, I couldn’t resist.

I think it’s D7040 at Bath road.

I’ve not bought many slides in the last 6 months, most of my spare cash has gone to carp fishing tackle another red hot passion of mine. I’ve been fishing more in 2017 than I have in the entire previous decade.

I’ve got around 100 or so more Hydraulic pics that need scanning, but it’s still out of action.

Merry Xmas all.

Neil attachicon.gifE40C6DA2-C821-4365-A62A-DDFBCD5ED060.jpeg

How fortuitous Neil, this is the view from my house;

post-5471-0-22317000-1514568723_thumb.jpg

Guess what's in the reservoir;

https://www.google.es/search?q=amadorio+reservoir&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=RHxGWqagGOmZX8S5g_gP

Carp and hydraulics, holiday perfection!!

Mike.

• Like 2

There is an easy answer to that. 

Post some of yours....

I`ve had a look.

but i can`t find mine,  seem to be missing 1 book with pickies in.

Ah Ah, but you see what a little nudge can do.

Thanks for all your pickies.

And have a Happy new year. :good:

• RMweb Gold

Wouldn't want to carp ....but can I come too please?

Belated happy Christmas to you both - and an early Happy New Year!

Phil

And return best wishes to clan Bullock Phil and of course to Mike.

Indeed best wishes to all contributors and viewers/likes to this thread. I really must get my Coolscan repaired, perhaps a new year resolution. The thread is still going after two years, I’ll try my best to keep it going.

Neil

• RMweb Gold

And return best wishes to clan Bullock Phil and of course to Mike.

Indeed best wishes to all contributors and viewers/likes to this thread. I really must get my Coolscan repaired, perhaps a new year resolution. The thread is still going after two years, I’ll try my best to keep it going.

Neil

As will the rest of us Neil.

Mike.