Teignbridge (change for Upcombe branch)

Ardmore

• 1 month later...

Hi David,

Oh wow! Excellent! I've only just caught up with your thread and your superb layout. I must say, how superb! What a lovely use of space and the station and its environs sit so well within the landscape.

I shall certainly follow with much interest. Super photos :)

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the kind comments. Here is another set of photographs tracking the progress of no. 4561 and its B set down the branch to Upcombe.

IMG_3346.jpeg.eaa5fd93afdd2c70befe822556a77a9b.jpeg

IMG_3399.jpeg.601f1f6b7f38a34ec0b22281cacaa470.jpeg

IMG_3395.jpg.c73c864eb58d633324521257c655c4d8.jpg

IMG_3351.jpeg.e079f4a594f225c2cc8fe7806b353a74.jpeg

IMG_3355.jpeg.ceee3ed56f7c8bed04e2c73a56bdc8d4.jpeg

IMG_3360.jpeg.f9686239a858ee0288c0fa0fc4a61535.jpeg

IMG_3362.jpeg.bc6658ad57fa78913b6b272c879eaf36.jpeg

In the final picture, no. 4561 is running round the B set at Upcombe. Next time I'll post some pictures of its departure back up the branch to Teignbridge. Thanks for looking.

David 

Edited by Ardmore
  • Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

Superb photos David.What do you use for your greenery as it has a lovely depth to it.

Thanks for your kind comment. For the embankments and cuttings, I used a mixture of MiniNatur static grasses, and then added teased-out Woodland Scenics light green foliage on top. The hedges are made up from Treemendus rubberized horse hair, teased out, dipped in PVA, and then covered with Scenic Express light green foliage (leaves).

David

Thanks for your kind comment. For the embankments and cuttings, I used a mixture of MiniNatur static grasses, and then added teased-out Woodland Scenics light green foliage on top. The hedges are made up from Treemendus rubberized horse hair, teased out, dipped in PVA, and then covered with Scenic Express light green foliage (leaves).

David

Just found this thread Dave, really convincing South Devon.

As an aside regarding the MiniNatur products, can I ask if you buy them from a British supplier?

The reason I ask is because I haven't found a supplier ( usual Internet search ) other than seeing the products at random show visits.

I ordered some products last week from a German shop ( just on the outskirts of Munich) who I must say we're excellent throughout.

Keep up the excellent work.

Grahame

Just found this thread Dave, really convincing South Devon.

As an aside regarding the MiniNatur products, can I ask if you buy them from a British supplier?

The reason I ask is because I haven't found a supplier ( usual Internet search ) other than seeing the products at random show visits.

I ordered some products last week from a German shop ( just on the outskirts of Munich) who I must say we're excellent throughout.

Keep up the excellent work.

Grahame

Living in Atlanta, Georgia, I get most of my scenic materials from Scenic Express in Delmont, Pennsylvania. They carry a huge range of products, including MiniNatur, and I highly recommend a visit to their website, www.scenicexpress.com (usual disclaimer). Their paper catalog runs to 339 pages!

David

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some more work on the buildings next to the branch line terminus at Upcombe. Newly constructed are a low relief building behind the station and a newsagent's shop in the corner next to the Kings Arms Hotel. Seeking inspiration for suitable shop names, I decided on a selection of English, Welsh and Scottish authors, poets, and playwrights. Thomas Hardy is destined to be a greengrocer, while John Milton will be a fishmonger or butcher. Dylan Thomas, the estate agents brings back memories of Welsh estate agents when I was an impoverished student.

IMG_3149.jpg.7fa9480ddba6473bf45af5cb42705f57.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg.a219e4397285e2bcb3159fc0ffa003de.jpg

Thanks for looking.

David

Edited by Ardmore
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1