Teignbridge (change for Upcombe branch)

Ardmore

Interesting to see how people fit their layouts in. In your context, that you eschewed going all around the room, going for the U-shape, and avoiding complication of lift out/up or duck-under section. The woodwork looks very neat and echoing the post above your room is un-naturally tidy: whereas I am storing stuff under the layout and too often on it too!

Great layout too, by the way.

All the best

Jon

I think you could start an advice service to us all  on how to keep your layout tidy ,I think I am going to have a good clear out under my layout .Seriously the layout looks great and must be fun to operate plus your detail work is very good keep posting.

• Like 1

As anyone who has attempted to do this will be aware, merging foreground buildings with a back scene and achieving a reasonable perspective is challenging. I'd be interested in hearing folks' comments on my efforts so far. The location is the corner at the end of the branch line terminus (Upcombe). Neither version is perfect, but which one looks better? 

This one:

attachicon.gifIMG_3508.jpg

Or this one:

attachicon.gifIMG_3509.jpg

BTW I'm aware that the car in the background is well out of period for the model!

David

Definitely the second one.

Fantastic to see some more excellent photographs of this inspirational layout just wish I could be so neat and tidy around my hobby  :O

Me to Martin, the pics above look so natural, with no harsh lighting, and as you say no neat and tidy.

A real credit to you David.

Where's the tail lamp David. ;) Seriously though, a very nice looking train and I run something similar on ANTB.More please.

I think its balancing on the left hand side, it blends into the platform.

Very nice work, I need to get something similar.

Where's the tail lamp David. ;) Seriously though, a very nice looking train and I run something similar on ANTB.More please.

As Twright said, it's there just above the left hand buffer. I do, though, need to add a proper coupling and brake pipe to that tail-end tanker.

David

This is wonderful, the open spaciousness is so very country railway station in its atmosphere.

Am I right in thinking the main Teignbridge station scene is 3 feet deep?

I think I quoted the figure of 3 feet in a recent post, but when I rechecked this morning I realized it's actually 3 feet 8 inches in depth!

David

• RMweb Gold

Wow!  How have I managed to miss this thread until now?  Just spent a very pleasant hour or two catching up on it all - hence the flurry of 'likes' etc.

Where to start?  The spacious looks? The natural colours?  The clever adaptation of Peco track?  The Devon atmosphere?  The stunning viaduct and river scene?  The beautifully realistic trains?  The lovely buildings?  Fantastic work.  Will follow henceforth, so please keep 'em coming.

Feel like I've been trying to re-invent the wheel (even down to that dilemma about if or where to place loco lamps!)

Best wishes,

John C.

Being fairly new to this forum I have only just found this thread. What an absolutely delightful layout, the impression of space you have created is superb.

I am going to have to go back to the start of this thread and read through the lot, it looks inspirational.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been almost 18 months since I last posted something on this topic. In the meantime, I've been continuing to work on the layout, adding more detail and re-working some of the scenics that I didn't think were quite right. One of the aspects that I thought needed attention was the viaduct and its surroundings. The original back scene included some 'modern' farm buildings that I thought were a bit anachronistic, so I've added some more woodland in front of them. One of the other things that I thought would improve the viaduct was the addition of some trees. I searched for a long time for a suitable commercial product until I came across a supplier called MBR Models, based in Poland (usual disclaimer). The hedges have also seen some additional attention: the rubberized horse hair foundation has been covered with Woodland Scenics poly fiber and then with SuperLeaf from Scenic Express.

IMG_3854.jpg.8f67a33d19eb0384f68958353f0ff6e3.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg.a512a2108458d3ee5367a4e08eb9cda9.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg.38539f52f6b3dc705ebdeb0e727810c9.jpg

Thanks for looking. I will post more photographs of other developments in the near future.

David  

Edited by Ardmore
  • Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1