Tonbridge West Yard

Lyddrail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorted a couple of point fails and a couple of dead fiddle sections quickly today. One of the points had a split bush which extends the pin, before Peco produced the longer pin version point motor. I have had a few come off the pin (glue failure), but I think this was the first split bush. Replaced with newer version point motor. It had done well to last 31 years, so I can't complain. 

I have special guest Mike Fraser visiting for a few days tomorrow.

Cheers.

Broken PM.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Lyddrail said:

Sorted a couple of point fails and a couple of dead fiddle sections quickly today. One of the points had a split bush which extends the pin, before Peco produced the longer pin version point motor. I have had a few come off the pin (glue failure), but I think this was the first split bush. Replaced with newer version point motor. It had done well to last 31 years, so I can't complain. 

I have special guest Mike Fraser visiting for a few days tomorrow.

Cheers.

Broken PM.jpg

Hi Paul

I bet the point motor still works OK.

As for your guest, I can't find a lucky you button. Give Mike my regards.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Due to the national situation I can announce my open weekend in July has not been cancelled. I will make a final decision much nearer the time considering what is going on.

The planned details were as below:

This year’s show is on 17th, 18th & 19th July being a week earlier than last year.

Let’s get modelling is the show theme, so please embrace and jump on board!

The 5 layouts so far booked are as follows:

Layouts:

Reading Signal Works 00- gauge by Alan Monk.

St Michaels 00-gauge parcels depot by Mike Cubberley.

Tatlock N-gauge Midlands station & yard in the 1970s by Kelvin Porter.

Yet to be named 00-gauge layout by Dave Smith.

Bradley N-gauge layout by Pete Latham. (Addition)

Let’s get modelling: Please bring your latest projects to display, being RTR detailed/modified, kit built/modified, scratch built, stock or scenic, any traditional old school modelling!

Other Treats: Film presentation Saturday evening, Demos 0-gauge wagons modelling by Ernie Puddick, 3D printing and CAD design by Carl White, Clive Mortimore’s plastic wonders, Tom Curtis modelling class 47s, access to Book/Plan/Research Facility, Bring & Buy stand, Traders including S Kits, others to be confirmed.

Fine Food: Tom Harwin replacing Phil Eames for the meal Friday evening, quality BBQ Saturday evening by Mike C & Jon Hall, special meal from Ernie & Linda for Sunday lunch, wide selection of cakes all weekend from many sources (guaranteed this year!), and from Steve Farmer bacon & cheese Oatcakes for breakfasts all weekend.

Real Ale from Andy T the cellar master, and a selection fine wines and other drinks.

Luxury accommodation! Book your “bed” ASAP.

Put the date in your diary now, Lydd Rail is the premier D&E annual event in the UK!

Hope to see you there.

Not Open to the Public, Invitation Only!

The Original Home Diesel & Electric Model Exhibition.

Eat, Drink, Model!

Lydd LR 2020 Logo.pdf

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 19:59, Lyddrail said:

Footbridge now painted and weathered after refresh. Pleased how it turned out.

Signal box now returned to layout. Also weathered the cut grass bales to darken them, as the prototype photos showed.

Still got to find shirt & tie wearing figures for the signal box interior, and will add a few more details to the C&W area in time.

Cheers.

Footbridge 2nd section (2).jpg

Footbridge 2nd section.jpg

Footbridge 3rd section (2).jpg

Footbridge 3rd section.jpg

Footbridge whole.jpg

Signal Box on site.jpg

Grass Bales.jpg

Top modelling here Paul..

cheers neil.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/03/2020 at 14:01, Lyddrail said:

Due to the national situation I can announce my open weekend in July has not been cancelled. I will make a final decision much nearer the time considering what is going on.

The planned details were as below:

This year’s show is on 17th, 18th & 19th July being a week earlier than last year.

Let’s get modelling is the show theme, so please embrace and jump on board!

The 5 layouts so far booked are as follows:

Layouts:

Reading Signal Works 00- gauge by Alan Monk.

St Michaels 00-gauge parcels depot by Mike Cubberley.

Tatlock N-gauge Midlands station & yard in the 1970s by Kelvin Porter.

Yet to be named 00-gauge layout by Dave Smith.

Bradley N-gauge layout by Pete Latham. (Addition)

Let’s get modelling: Please bring your latest projects to display, being RTR detailed/modified, kit built/modified, scratch built, stock or scenic, any traditional old school modelling!

Other Treats: Film presentation Saturday evening, Demos 0-gauge wagons modelling by Ernie Puddick, 3D printing and CAD design by Carl White, Clive Mortimore’s plastic wonders, Tom Curtis modelling class 47s, access to Book/Plan/Research Facility, Bring & Buy stand, Traders including S Kits, others to be confirmed.

Fine Food: Tom Harwin replacing Phil Eames for the meal Friday evening, quality BBQ Saturday evening by Mike C & Jon Hall, special meal from Ernie & Linda for Sunday lunch, wide selection of cakes all weekend from many sources (guaranteed this year!), and from Steve Farmer bacon & cheese Oatcakes for breakfasts all weekend.

Real Ale from Andy T the cellar master, and a selection fine wines and other drinks.

Luxury accommodation! Book your “bed” ASAP.

Put the date in your diary now, Lydd Rail is the premier D&E annual event in the UK!

Hope to see you there.

Not Open to the Public, Invitation Only!

The Original Home Diesel & Electric Model Exhibition.

Eat, Drink, Model!

Lydd LR 2020 Logo.pdf 58.44 kB · 8 downloads

will redhill be at the show paul 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2015 at 21:03, Oldddudders said:

That final shot seems to show the juice rail on the Redhill line lying in the 6' way awaiting installation. ISTR one of the freight businesses paid for the line to be electrified, but never had the chance to use the facility to the full, not least due to pathing issues north of Redhill.

I went along that line in 1990 (ish) before it was electrified, and in a class 101 too! Not something i ever thought I'd do on the Southern region. The second time was in 1994 and in a Thumper.

• Friendly/supportive 1