Help with changing polarity

Calimero

I've posted here (also put in the DCC section as I am using a NCE Powercab and Lenz LS150 decoder) but ...

Having installed SEEP motors, operated via the LS150, I've noticed (as expected from reviews) that the inbuilt swith on the SEEP doesn't do the frog polarity.

So I want to install some self latching relays to assist in the changing of frog polarity. Has anyone got a simple easy to read diagram of how to install?

Many thanks.

According to the specs. It should change the polarity. I would check your wiring, having said that they do have a reputation for problems with the switch which can be induced by poor installation. If that is the case you will not get it to power your latching relay either. So check wiring, check the installation particularly that the PCB is not flexed. If everything is OK then send back to your supplier for an exchange.

Richard

• RMweb Gold

As Richard says if the polarity isn't switching try easing your fixing screws back a quarter of a turn.

When fixing it is essential to centre your point blades, I use a couple of plastic shims to do this, and then centre the SEEP motor. I made a template out of plasticard to do this. Another neat idea which also helps hold the motor whilst you mark the fixing holes is shown here.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/15405-mounting-point-motors-headache-free/?p=150343

Archived