Rail Aid TAURUS.

duff man

Dear all.

I have just taken delivery of a Ho Rail Aid Taurus. This is a official LTD Edition model made for OBB. All of the branding is OBB only, with no hint of who actually makes the model on behalf of OBB. I have been told it is made by ROCO, however when the two models are put together I find there are to many differences for this to be right. Also the Rail Aid product is made in China. The only reason I need to know is so that traction tyres can be ordered for the future. The model is very nice and runs well.

If anyone can help I would be most greatful.

Craig.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Craig,

I suppose you're talking about an ÖBB class 1216 or a Slovenian class 541 from RailAd. They are an independent brand not related to Roco, though I do remember the 1216 models from Roco and RailAd having been intensely compared on many modelling forums. I myself haven't had a personal look at a RailAd loco yet, so I can't say whether traction tyres from Roco will fit. 

As for the Roco connection you mention having been told of: Perhaps there was a bit of confusion with limited H0 scale models produced for the ÖBB Advertising Centre. These were long provided by Roco only, though in recent years, these official ÖBB special models have also been provided by Jägerndorfer, and to a lesser extent by Piko.

HTH.

Archived