RMWeb Members Day, Taunton 2015 - serious menu choices!

Captain Kernow

Pasty or Pie; pie or pasty?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Pasty or Pie; pie or pasty?

• I intend coming to Taunton and I'd go for the traditional pasty.
    • I intend coming to Taunton but I'd opt for the innovative pie proposal.
    • I intend coming to Taunton and can foresee I will be hungry enough to go for both.
    • I intend coming to Taunton but all the above are too meaty so I'd like a delicate cheese & onion pasty please.

• RMweb Gold

As someone who forgot what he had ordered for both his starter and main course in the pub on the Saturday evening, I have every sympathy...! :jester:

Not that you got much sympathy on Saturday evening ;)

One other thing, it is clear that the chicken & ham pie was very popular, so this will return to the menu in future years...!

In the event of the local supplier going into liquidation, I will call upon the inhabitants of the 'A Nod to Brent' thread to galvanise themselves into action and get their pinnys on! :jester:

The chicken & ham pie was exceedingly nice Cap'n - I am pleased to see that it will return next year (hopefully a freshly baked batch that is).

As each year goes by, CAKEPO (the Swagonian Secret Cake Police) establishes ever improved intelligence on what cakes are popular. The above two types have been noted as amongst the ringleaders in cake popularity...

Maybe....just maybe the Devon branch could be persuaded to help next year ?

post-20303-0-27654000-1430230264_thumb.jpg

Just a thought :)

OK, you 'um it son, I'll play it.

Think it goes something like .....Cake sera sera, what piping will be will be, the sponge has risen you see, Cake sera sera or summat like that ?

Archived