BRM MARCH 2015 ISSUE PREVIEW with FREE DVD!

The March 2015 issue of BRM, complete with free DVD worth at least £29.99 (I'm kidding, before anyone gets upset!), goes on-sale as a Digital Edition on Friday. It will also be on sale in the printed format at the Doncaster Show on 7th/8th February, but be quick as we have limited stock!

The magazine goes on-sale in shops across the UK on Thursday, February 12th.

Enjoy – we think this issue is a cracker.

Ben

post-22012-0-63676900-1422891061.jpg

• FREE 45-minute DVD with every issue of BRM!

Included on this month’s free DVD is:

Behind the Scenes: A look at what’s happening inside the A1 Trust’s Locomotive Works in Darlington.

Layout of the Month: Giles Favell’s ‘The End of the Line’

Practical BRM: Phil Parker’s guide to white-metal soldering

Models in Focus: Modifying a Hornby P2

Practical BRM: Innovative new scenic modelling products on test

Tried and Tested: Useful ballast glues from Deluxe Materials

• And, here’s what you’ll find inside the 156-page issue of BRM

Three of Britain’s best model railways

Clarendon (P4) – Leamington & Warwick MRS found good reason to bring back the colour and variety of Edwardian railways with this outstanding P4 model

Airthrey Park (OO) – A look at Stirling & Clackmannan District MRC's superb recreation of mid-1980s Scotland. Proof that plenty of research helps to produce a quality model

The End of the Line (O) – Combining imaginative, well-engineered features with a superb eye for detail, Giles Favell’s layout depicts a decaying corner of the 1960s railway (also on the DVD)

Practical BRM

How to model a rock face cutting by Phil Parker

Model the new-build LNER P2 by Howard Smith

Weather heavy oil tanks with Andy York

Kit-build with confidence – Part 3 by Phil Parker

Plus…

Prototype Inspiration: LNER P2 2-8-2s

Prototype Inspiration: Modern lineside equipment

Reader’s Layouts

Diary Dates

Tail Lamp – Industry Insider tackles the big issues in the hobby.

Products

News – a new British manufacturer launches its first products, Connoisseur re-launches in 4mm and we take a look at some forthcoming Bachmann wagons.

Reviews – Bachmann’s GWR 64XX and the Midland 4F from Graham Farish lead this month’s selection.

On Test – Roco Z21 DCC system promises a lot of innovative features. Andy York investigates.

Tried & Tested – Paint Mixing Tools plus Busch/Auhagen products.

post-22012-0-63676900-1422891061.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben,

I have just checked on my iPad and since it's updated with the new version it has lost all my subscription copies so I only have the option to purchase all previously purchased editions and including the latest. I have tried all the usual, Restore Subscription, close the App, even delete and re-install it and still not restoring my purchases. Can you make the App developers there may be a problem.

Thanks,

Peter

• Moderators

Hello I'm wondering if there is a problem with the sound of the DVD on the digital edition?

No, all seems to work fine. Have you checked that the sound is turned on? Your browser/tablet volume settings might be muted...

Please send me a PM if the problem persists.

• Administrators

Phew... copies of the printed version of BRM March (plus free DVD!) have just arrived at The Festival of British Railway Modelling in Doncaster! We have limited stock, so if you're visiting the show this weekend make sure you visit the BRM stand!

post-14186-0-57948600-1423234646.jpg

Also, we only have 13 of the Limited Edition 'Cadbury of Bournville' wagons left. If you want one, be very quick!

post-14186-0-50205900-1423234720.jpg

And, here's a picture of our great, show-only subscription offer!

post-14186-0-54106200-1423234750.jpg

See you at the show!

Steve

• RMweb Gold

I am unable to purchase this issue. I tap "buy", it asks me if I want to want to view the subscription offers, I tap "no" and the app disappears from view.

And can you tell me the difference between purchasing a single issue and a 1-month subscription?

N.B. This is the *previous* version of the app—normally I'd simply upgrade but in view of,the previous comment about problems with the new version I'm reluctant to do so.

• Moderators

I am unable to purchase this issue. I tap "buy", it asks me if I want to want to view the subscription offers, I tap "no" and the app disappears from view.

And can you tell me the difference between purchasing a single issue and a 1-month subscription?

N.B. This is the *previous* version of the app—normally I'd simply upgrade but in view of,the previous comment about problems with the new version I'm reluctant to do so.

Please try updating the app first. PM me if you have any problems.

Howard

Iv'e found that I cannot play the video, When I click on it to play it just brings up the contents scroll thing at the bottom, Iv'e tried it on 2 different android devices.  I tried clicking on the "link" below for the free garage kit but that also does the same thing, It's like links don't work at all :(

• RMweb Gold

I am on the new version of the App, unfortunately I have updated all devices so I can't check the previous version.

This is not the first time I have had problems with PocketMags, it happened at least a couple of times with the Hornby Magazine App.

Iv'e found that I cannot play the video, When I click on it to play it just brings up the contents scroll thing at the bottom, Iv'e tried it on 2 different android devices.  I tried clicking on the "link" below for the free garage kit but that also does the same thing, It's like links don't work at all :(

I am having the same problem. It is a shame. I was looking forward to it

• RMweb Gold

I had a similar problem once—can't remember whether BRM or HM. In the end I ended up re-purchasing the issues affected, starting with the most useful one to me—on doing so I was informed that as I'd purchased it previously there was no charge (and indeed I wasn't charged). The restore purchases option had failed to work on that occasion too

Note however that I purchased the issues one-by-one, so I'm not in the same situation as described—for one thing the financial risk was a lot less.

• Moderators

Mike, PM sent.

Howard

Archived